Just when I started to make some real progress with my Foundation training and tumbling... pow! In come a couple of new injuries.
The first arose about a week ago during my tumbling training. While doing round offs and back tucks, I started to feel a strained muscle that I think was Pectoralis Minor. This is something new for me that I haven't felt. I talked to my coach about it and we seems to think that constantly whipping my arms up for round offs and back tucks may have strained the muscle here. Basically raising my arms straight over head would activate this injury. I also tried doing hanging leg lift negatives on the stall bar and this was very painful. I have stopped tumbling and tried to only select strength training movements I feel wouldn't activate this injury.
While working out lightly during this time I got an elbow injury raging in and I'm not sure of the source. There are three possibilities:
1) I did 5 sets of Hinge Rows on the rings... these are a type of row where you are horizontal on the rings and simply hinge at the hips. These rows apparently target bicep muscles around the elbow. I went to failure on the 4th set and was unable to complete the 5th.
2) My sister has a baby and I've been carrying it for 5-30 minutes at a time
3) Have a new girlfriend that requires being snuggled, sometimes trapping my arm in potentially weird positions.
It might be a combination of all three. The pain can be very excruciating when trying to lift things. It manifests when I rotate my hand palm facing out, and curl my bicep. Maintaining this wrist rotation and lowering my hand is even worse.
I wanted to see if the community had any insights into these injuries. Thanks