Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

London Seminar?

ajgregory

Some how the end disappeared.

...and I'm a Londoner.

It will be a great seminar guys and i look forward to meeting all who can make it.

Oh and by the way, I'm at the Singapore seminar this weekend. Flew from London Thursday, landed Friday night and first day of seminar went well even with serious jet lag

• 2 weeks later...

Ah I missed this thread since its named after the road not the city!

I've asked via private message if there is any flexibility on the start time.  The earliest train out of London is at 8am, arriving 9.45am to Stroud.   But the seminar starts at 9am so that means missing the whole first hour.  

So this is a super selfish request since I have a performance the evening before and can't travel there Friday night...  but allowing Londoners to travel Sat morning also saves 60 pounds or so an a nights accommodation.   Are there any others coming from London?  Or perhaps someone driving from London very late Friday or early Saturday who can give me a lift?

If someone needs accommodation in London before or after the seminar I might have an option to host you...

Anyway, see you there!  Excited!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, great to hear all the interest in the Stroud seminar in July. I'll be hosting guys, I run adult yoga and gymnastic classes at the gym called Flexible Strength.

Stroud is a 1hr 40min train journey from Paddington station, and you can catch the Heathro express into Paddington every 15mins and it takes 15mins. Other options are to fly into Birmingham or Bristol where you can also catch trains to Stroud.

I already said I would come pick up Coach and Orench from Heathrow, if you guys can organize to arrive the same time as them I could hire a minibus and come pick u all up? It's an 1hour 30min by car.

Stroud is set in the beautiful countryside region called the Cotswolds, much nicer setting than London

Hey there again - can you let me know what time Coach etc are arriving at Heathrow?  And if there has been any discussion on a train friendly start time?  Looking forward to hearing about it, thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Hey guys,

I'm interested too in the mini-bus thing to go all together to stroud instead of catch a train. It would be good go together singing songs about Foundation :D 

Any info about this, Wes Tan? I'll go with Nacho Training a forum member with a great HS line :D 

Looking fordward to meet all of you aswell!

Cheers from Spain!

• Upvote 1

Stephen Soye

I'm arriving in Heathrow at 2.55pm, also wondering if there's any more info on a minibus? Otherwise I can just catch a train, no big deal.

Wesley Tan

Adriano and SoyeBoy, you guys are the first to reply about transport from Heathrow. I haven't organized anything as no one had said anything on the matter.

SoyeBoy you arrive around 3pm, on the Friday I take it? Adriano, what time do you guys arrive?

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

I don't know because I didn't buy the tickets yet, but in the morning I want arrive, same as Nacho Training I guess.

José Ignacio Varela Suárez

I will arive to Heathrow 4th July at 16:10 p.m.

Wesley Tan

Adriano, can you arrive at a similar time to Nacho or SoyeBoy? 3 or 4pm?

Stephen Soye

Adriano and SoyeBoy, you guys are the first to reply about transport from Heathrow. I haven't organized anything as no one had said anything on the matter.

SoyeBoy you arrive around 3pm, on the Friday I take it? Adriano, what time do you guys arrive?

Yes, Friday. Yeah we're going to need a good few more to confirm and also be there at similiar times so I imagine that it might be difficult to co-ordinate.

Wesley Tan

Yep, difficult to coordinate :-)

We'll see what Adriana can do with arrival times and anyone else...

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

I'll arrive to Gatwick 4th July at 12:20pm.

Then, 1h20m by bus from Gatwick to Ears Court. From there, I don't know :D Maybe walking to downtown to explore London  :)

Confirmed.

Wesley Tan

Well as it stands guys,  i don't think it warrants a minibus run. Adriano, you will need to make your way to Paddington Station where you can catch a train to Stroud. Its worth booking your train in advance as you'll save money!

• 4 weeks later...
ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Is there few km from Stroud to The Fitness Mill or I'm wrong?

Premier Inn is full. Me and Nacho are looking other places, ghest houses, cheap accommodations... we're almost homeless.

Can we sleep at Stroud Station? :D

Cheers!

Wesley Tan

Adriano they gym is just outside Stroud town, about a 15 walk from the centre. There is a hotel right next to the station called the Imperial, I have literally just called them and they have one family room available only and they offered me £99 per night. That would be £50 each per night for the 2 of you. Shall I reserve for you? 

Hi Wes Tan,

Thank you very much by your help. We have been looking that hotel but it is very expensive for us. We are trying to look for other cheaper hotels.  In the case that a cheaper hotel was a farther from the gym, we  were thinking about renting a pair of bikes. Could this be a good idea?

Thank you ;)

Wesley Tan

Hey Adriano, good idea and yes this is possible. There are many villages surrounding Stroud within a 5mile radius, Chalford, Minchinhampton, Rodborough, Amberley, Brimscombe, Thrupp. Stroud area is very hilly but Stroud is at the bottom so it'll be easy getting to the gym but most likely an uphill ride after let me know how the searching goes, I'll have a look for you also.  

Wesley Tan

Adriano, you know what, why don't you both just stay with me and my family? That is the best option

• Upvote 1

Wes Tan,

We don't know what to say. That would be fantastic. We don't know how to thank you. :)

A thousand thankyous....

Wesley Tan

Well it will give us a chance to get to know each other better and talk more training and you can bring us some nice chorizo if you like

• Upvote 1

It was the first thing I think!! Adriano lives in Andalucia, south of Spain. He could get some high quality olive oil. I live in Galicia, Northwest of Spain, we have very very good chorizos.... So don't doubt it you will have good spanish presents.

Wesley Tan

Sounds great Nacho, I'll contact you on Facebook to give you my details

Laetitia Tigra

Hi!

Is anyone still looking for accomodation? Cause I found this cottage at 'airbnb' that is a 100 pound a night, but it has 4 bedrooms with each a double bed, so if i could find 3 other people it would be 25 a night, if some people are happy to share a double bed, it can be for up to 7 more people and less than 25 a night. And if someone can tell me if it is really close to where we have to be? There is a map on there.

I will be coming from London.

That's the link:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2582536?checkin=04-07-2014&checkout=07-07-2014

xxx Ineke

Hi Ineke, yes this place is close to the gym. If you loom on the map you can see the gym is very close, the only thing is you have the railway and canal separating. I know you can cross the canal but not sure about the railway, if you can cross both you could walk downhill to the gym in about 5mins. If not it'll be like a 15min walk. I hope you find others interested. Private message me if you like so I can try to help, Wesley x

• Upvote 1

Oliver Harris

Hello Ineke I would be interested, where you planning on staying Saturday night and Friday night or just the former? How are you getting there from London? I need to arrange transport too