Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Perfect Workout Nutrition 2013 - training in the evening

Ales Glas

Hi guys!

Do any of you apply the Perfect Workout nutrition while training in the evening? I am asking this because of the frequent feedings Joshua reccomends after training, but in my case that would be around 2 hours before bed at most. So not much time for pulsing the protein. Can the protocol still be applied and be succesfull with such timing?

Klemen Bobnar

I follow the PWO pretty much word for word after I work out in the evening, then I go to sleep after an hour without eating anything else. 

The results are...very satisfiying to say the least. I actually asked the salesman if he sold me steroids by mistake :D. Getting even leaner(which isn't really ideal for me, because I'm getting to the decimal point fat %, but I think this would probably work very well if you are trying to get lean) and putting on muscle mass.

I have been very lean for very long tho, so this may not apply for everyone.

• Upvote 1

I follow the PWO pretty much word for word after I work out in the evening, then I go to sleep after an hour without eating anything else. 

The results are...very satisfiying to say the least. I actually asked the salesman if he sold me steroids by mistake :D. Getting even leaner(which isn't really ideal for me, because I'm getting to the decimal point fat %, but I think this would probably work very well if you are trying to get lean) and putting on muscle mass.

I have been very lean for very long tho, so this may not apply for everyone.

If I understand correctly, PWO (30g protein + 60 g carbs) is your last meal of the day?

Klemen Bobnar

If I understand correctly, PWO (30g protein + 60 g carbs) is your last meal of the day?

30g from whey protein and 70ish carbs from glucose powder, yes.

I'm interested in knowing more about this as well. I try to stuff my face to the best of my abilities immediately pwo, but it's limited how much food can be processed in an hour or so. The morning after an evening workout I always eat a four egg omelet, plus a load of milk during the morning /early day. The biggest drawback to evening workouts is that I tend to drink a lot of milk, so I have to get up and pee during the night, which obviously messes with my sleep.

Klemen Bobnar

I'm interested in knowing more about this as well. I try to stuff my face to the best of my abilities immediately pwo, but it's limited how much food can be processed in an hour or so. The morning after an evening workout I always eat a four egg omelet, plus a load of milk during the morning /early day. The biggest drawback to evening workouts is that I tend to drink a lot of milk, so I have to get up and pee during the night, which obviously messes with my sleep.

I have the same problem and this is why I don't make the 6 - 12% solution Josh suggests, I make it a lot denser(is that the right word?). The morning after I usually eat oats, raisins and full fat yoghurt for around 460 - 500 kcal.

• Upvote 3

Joshua Naterman

I have the same problem and this is why I don't make the 6 - 12% solution Josh suggests, I make it a lot denser(is that the right word?). The morning after I usually eat oats, raisins and full fat yoghurt for around 460 - 500 kcal.

More concentrated would also work as a description of your solution. I think that's a smart tweak, on your part.

I often work out in the evenings myself, about 3 hours before I go to sleep, and I usually have 40-60g of carbs before and during the workout (total), with a meal afterwards. I try to have two large meals, but like you say... it is sometimes difficult to get the food down. I find that the trick is having butter in my rice... makes it much easier to consume a pretty large quantity of food. On its own, I have trouble eating more than 40-50g of carbs but with fat mixed in I can pretty much get down whatever I need to without a huge issue.

I can't sleep if I haven't eaten enough, so at this point it is very easy to know whether I need to eat more :)

• Upvote 2

Bill Köhntopp

same problem here...after a post work out/good night shake i cant sleep longer than 7 hourse, depends.

too much milk, but without the shake would be not fluid enough

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.