Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Allan Bower at winter cup

Alessandro Mainente

Rajan Shankara

Is it my imagination or is he like twice as muscular as he was last year :blink:

He's getting older so he still hasn't reached maximum hypertrophy.

From what I've studied a male's musculoskeletal system doesn't fully mature until around 30 yrs old. So maximum or near maximum muscle hypertrophy won't be for another few years.

• Upvote 2

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

I remember the old GBodies videos were Allan was almost a "baby", and now... my goodness, above all the arms. Awesome.

Coach, I asked you long time ago but you never answer me... Allan's legs shape (genu varum) are problematic in certain moves or skills? I'm curious because I've the same type of legs and I want to know if this brings any kind of problem.

Thanks in advance!

P.S: It was strange to me that Coach didn't put Allan on rings :D

Allan is now 18 and a member of the University of Oklahoma Mens Gymnastics Team on a full scholarship.  So except for a couple of weeks in the summer, the coaches at OU are in charge of his training now. 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I remember the old GBodies videos were Allan was almost a "baby", and now... my goodness, above all the arms. Awesome.

Coach, I asked you long time ago but you never answer me... Allan's legs shape (genu varum) are problematic in certain moves or skills? I'm curious because I've the same type of legs and I want to know if this brings any kind of problem.

Nope, legs are legs.  

He has however been working very hard the last 6 months of increasing his overall leg and sprinting strength.  This additional strength is definitely showing in his improved performance on vaulting.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

So except for a couple of weeks in the summer, the coaches at OU are in charge of his training now. 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Is that a good thing or a bad thing

Riku Calderón

Is that a good thing or a bad thing

He has full scholarship so what do you think? I think that this is just natural progress cause Life is the most important thing :)

That young man is so dedicated that he has a jumpstart to life!

He has full scholarship so what do you think? I think that this is just natural progress cause Life is the most important thing :)

That young man is so dedicated that he has a jumpstart to life!

I was asking about being trained by different coaches

I've got to say I have new found appreciation the physical abilities of gymnasts since taking baby steps in F1, H1. Watching that move on the high bar at about 40 sec. where Alan pikes his legs forward through his arms and returns to the top of the bar looks incredibly tough to do. It appears like a full bodyweight shoulder dislocate plus the added weight of movement. I will never try that- unless I want to rehab torn up body parts for several months.

Don't try that one at home.

I've got to say I have new found appreciation the physical abilities of gymnasts since taking baby steps in F1, H1. Watching that move on the high bar at about 40 sec. where Alan pikes his legs forward through his arms and returns to the top of the bar looks incredibly tough to do. It appears like a full bodyweight shoulder dislocate plus the added weight of movement. I will never try that- unless I want to rehab torn up body parts for several months.

Don't try that one at home.

"Hmm, that looks interesting, let me see if- (Snap, crackle, pop) ... Oh, nevermind"

• Upvote 1

Chris Hansen

Allan is now 18 and a member of the University of Oklahoma Mens Gymnastics Team on a full scholarship. So except for a couple of weeks in the summer, the coaches at OU are in charge of his training now.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Was Allan in Minnesota a month or two ago? My wife and I watched a gymnastics competition at the University of Minnesota. I think they were competing against Olkahoma and I remember his name being announced.

Timothy Aiken

Coach, this kind of question may annoy you, but have you ever had an athlete train quad fulls? 

Coach Sommer

Of course. My top three athletes could consistently do .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 twists flipping both forward and backward. Inconsistently, they also worked 3.5 and 4; both forward and backward.

One of them was capable of a quin front into the pit.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

p.s. Let's not however turn this particular thread into a twisting technique thread.

Timothy Aiken

On the floor? 

And I was asking for curiosity, not advice :) My double fulls are perfectly janky :P