Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Excellent macronutrient calculator & meal generator all in one

Coach Sommer

Most people spend far too much time fiddiling with the subtle details of their diet before they have their basic nutritional structure dialed in; e.g. number of daily calories and percentage of macronutrients.

I just discovered the following outstanding site which helps you painlessly do exactly that.  So far I am very pleased with this site.

It has both free and subscription versions.  Note: the free version generates only one day's menu at a time.  

- it allows you to set your macronutrients (fat, protein, carb) at the level of daily grams or overall % that you prefer for each of these components.

- the total daily calories with the macronutrient profile you are shooting for

- how many meals per day you would like those calories spread across

- select the foods you would like included in the menu

- select how much time you have to prepare each meal 

http://www.eatthismuch.com

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 9

I get very strange recommendations for the meal plans. 24 oz sea bass and one cup rice (I assume measured dry) for dinner? thats 140 grams of protein in one sitting.This was measured for 4 meals a day. Another time in the 6 meal/day plan, it recommended to me that my recipe will have .18 cups of oil...about 360 calories according to the label in my house. That is straight up a little gross. One other meal in the 5 day plan suggested I eat a whole cabbage.

I think...an interesting site, thought I would tweak the recipes a little. A lot.

• Upvote 4

I get very strange recommendations for the meal plans. 24 oz sea bass and one cup rice (I assume measured dry) for dinner? thats 140 grams of protein in one sitting.This was measured for 4 meals a day. Another time in the 6 meal/day plan, it recommended to me that my recipe will have .18 cups of oil...about 360 calories according to the label in my house. That is straight up a little gross. One other meal in the 5 day plan suggested I eat a whole cabbage.

I think...an interesting site, thought I would tweak the recipes a little. A lot.

Lol!

Colin Macdonald

One other meal in the 5 day plan suggested I eat a whole cabbage.

Just be sure to stay out of tight spaces and crowded rooms after that meal!  :lol:

I wouldn't say operator malfunction...

I used the calorie calculator on their website, set to build muscle. At very active, it designates 3500 calories/day (which is where I suspect i am, work involves 5+ hours of physical work. Even at moderately active, it puts me at 3100. Interestingly, in my own calorie counting, I seldom go over 2500 cal/day, having packed on 25 lbs of weight since beginning training while dropping to now 6 percent fat. Perhaps the program is set to 'american'. :P

Colin Macdonald

Your results sound like operator malfunction. :)

*puts down his half eaten cabbage*

Dammit!  :P

Seriously though, I didn't get any weird results like that when I plugged in my relatively high calorie requirements. (exercise plus a physical job)

• Upvote 3

Joakim Andersson

Interesting stuff! I get 2837 calories per day spread in three meals. I filled in what I usually eat in a day and got:

Protein 27%

Fat 37%

Carbs 36%

The micronutrient stats were interesting to see too. Looks like I'm getting plenty of everything without supplements :)

*puts down his half eaten cabbage*

Dammit!  :P

Seriously though, I didn't get any weird results like that when I plugged in my relatively high calorie requirements. (exercise plus a physical job)

Really lol...I don't know what I am doing wrong. I'm not lying! One of the dishes was Parmesan crusted sea bass with summer mushrooms and the other was salami something something.  I tried it again and I still get at least one wacked up meal every time: jalapeno grilled salmon, 2 filets for 130 grams of protein...

- You have the option of adjusting the daily calories to suit yourself

- You have the option to adjust your own levels of macronutritents

- You have the option of adjusting the list of food choices

- You have the option of entering your own favorite recipes

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Well, I experimented around with this program some more and I finally got it perfect for my calories and meals. No more weird stuff every time, and if there is something weird well I'll just regenerate the plan ha!

I also noticed, Coach's last response here, there was no, "yours in fitness" signature. Sommer is no longer mine in fitness :(

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.