Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoughts on QuestBar

bombadil

In posting this, I already know the refrain of "eat whole foods," but one of the biggest changes I'm presently making to my feeding is in eating multiple small meals per day versus a few large meals; the latter has been my pattern of eating for many years not, so this is quite a change for me behaviorally.  

That said, I do eat most of my meals from organic vegetable  and fruit, meat from our csa, fish a few times per week, and pastured eggs.  I love real food. 

However, in an attempt to get into a pattern of better, more frequent feedings, I thought about weaving in one protein bar per day for convenience.  I came across Quest Bars.  Here's the ingredient list: 

Coconut/Cashew flavor: 

Protein Blend (whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate), isomaltooligosaccharides (prebiotic fiber), almonds, water, erythritol, dried coconut.  contains less than 2% of the following:  cashews, sea salt, stevia, lo han guo, natural flavors. 

What the heck is lo han guo?  

I thought this was a pretty decent bar compared to what else is out there.  

So, my question is, is this just masquerading junk food, or is it legit?  I'm would be using these (maybe 1 or 2 per day) to get into the habit of small frequent meals...I plan to phase them out one I establish this new pattern of eating.  

Thoughts? 

Josh Schmitter

How 'bout some jerky or a hard boiled egg? Or you could make a crapton of food for the week/few days and have it all portioned out ahead of time. If that's not convenient enough, it never will be ;) .

How 'bout some jerky or a hard boiled egg? Or you could make a crapton of food for the week/few days and have it all portioned out ahead of time. If that's not convenient enough, it never will be ;) .

Yeah...this is a valid point...  Damn.   :facepalm:

I'd follow TANSTAAFL's advice but they look decent. Surely not as as good as a real meal, but they don't seem to have anything detrimental.

And, they're really tasty!  Great with coffee.  After I crush these 10 that I bought, I'll go back to the jerky and eggs.  :(  

BTW, anyone know of a good quality minimally processed jerky brand?  I've heard RW mention Well Food Co., but don't know much about them...  

Josh Schmitter

Thanks for this, definitely gonna try to get some.

They are definitely awesome. Just had some today.

Also, you can like my post to show thanks and, in turn, see me feel unwarranted joy when I see a little red box with a number in it at the top of my screen ;).

• Upvote 2

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.