Hej everyone,
I'm just wondering why when I lay flat on he ground legs together toes pointed and try to do ppt my legs decide to rotate and pull out wards?
Cheers
Started by ausswe, January 29, 2014 · 9 Replies · 2,660 Views
Hej everyone,
I'm just wondering why when I lay flat on he ground legs together toes pointed and try to do ppt my legs decide to rotate and pull out wards?
Cheers
I'm going to take a guess and say it's tight hip flexors.
Yea I figured that would be the go to response but I have some pretty good rom when stretching hip flexors. I am not too far away from a front split.
I'll raise you tight Tensor Fasciae Lata and/or Sartorius. ![]()
How much are you activating the glutes? Because the glutes play a large role in both PPT and external rotation...
My legs do the same thing regardless of glute activation. Glute activation does have a grater effect on the feeling off rotating and pulling apart though so I tend to relax them when doin ppt.
Googling now late starter thanks ![]()
Wow just did some rolling with a hokey ball where you mentioned late starter and instantly found release...... Doesn't feel like they are pulling apart anymore......Incredible, thank you. I need to find some more magic spots to roll.
Are you tensing the glutes and keeping the hips squared when you're stretching the hip flexors? It's easy to gain false range of motion by letting the hips roll to anterior pelvic tilt. It's not uncommon to see a front split which is done with a huge APT and/or unsquared hips. Are you already implementing these ques with your stretching?
Also this looks like a good stretch for TFL - as per LateStarter advice (and it is funny as well)
Yea already implementing ess queus. Like I said I've almost reached a front split and no matter how you tilt your pelvis that is going to require some significant rom but like I said I a,ready square the hips and use ppt when stretching the hip flexors otherwise I don't feel anything. The rolling with a hokey ball in the area late starter pointed out seemed to solve my problem immediately though ![]()
Thanks for the link Piotro I'm going to incorporate this in my stretching routine I think