Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Omega-3 Fish Oil Recommendation

Alan Tseng

Klemen Bobnar

Add the whole line to it, just "I'm not a democracy" had me hella confused, so I had to come here to check it out. But maybe that WAS your plan... :tent:

I am not a democracy: What needs to happen will happen, regardless of how I feel about it. 

I just found my new signature!

P.S.: I did it! I found an appropriate place for that Burns smiley :D

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Add the whole line to it, just "I'm not a democracy" had me hella confused, so I had to come here to check it out.

How did you even find this thread?

Klemen Bobnar

How did you even find this thread?

Oh, I just followed the trail of dead bodies...and also you can go to the original place of the comment if you click that return arrow at the top right side of the quoted comment :D.

Connor Davies

Oh, I just followed the trail of dead bodies...and also you can go to the original place of the comment if you click that return arrow at the top right side of the quoted comment :D.

I literally never noticed that before.....

Connor Davies

Hey, you know how you get an email every time someone quotes you.  Do you guys think Naterman is getting one every time I post something?

Josh Schmitter

Hey, you know how you get an email every time someone quotes you.  Do you guys think Naterman is getting one every time I post something?

Ha, that would be awesome. When I originally suggested quotes, I meant just typing them in, not using the quote function...but if he's getting spammed, by all means keep it your way.

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Ha, that would be awesome. When I originally suggested quotes, I meant just typing them in, not using the quote function...but if he's getting spammed, by all means keep it your way.

Well, he spelt my name wrong so.....

But in all seriousness, if he wants me to change it I will.

Briac Roquet

You can disable receiving emails for when your posts are quoted. Something he most likely did since his posts must be quoted so often. He might still get the notifications on the forums. 

Keilani Gutierrez

Naterman probably used to get so many PM's that I think he has the messaging department covered :P 

Joshua Naterman

Well, he spelt my name wrong so.....

But in all seriousness, if he wants me to change it I will.

Have fun with it :)

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Naterman probably used to get so many PM's that I think he has the messaging department covered :P

You couldn't PM him last I checked.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
David Creekmore

Any thoughts about vegetarian Omega-3s?  Fish oil/wild fish aren't an option by definition.  I just ordered this, which I hope will be fairly bioavailable.    In addition to the normal benefits of Omega-3s, it's been shown to help with arthritis, which I have on the shoulder tip of my scapula.

David Creekmore

Chia seeds are supposed to have a lot

Indeed they have ALA, but no EPA or DHA which are the ones I really want and need.   As I understand it, ALA can be converted to EPA or DHA in the body - but slowly and probably not in sufficient quantities.  

Flax seed is the same- lots of ALA, but no EPA or DHA.  Most vegans/vegetarians are getting EPA/DHA from Algae, which is where the fish get it from primarily.  I don't think there are definitive studies that prove it's as good as eating wild caught oily fish.  One can assume it isn't as good... but might be good enough?  

• 2 weeks later...
Connor Davies

Indeed they have ALA, but no EPA or DHA which are the ones I really want and need.   As I understand it, ALA can be converted to EPA or DHA in the body - but slowly and probably not in sufficient quantities. 

From what I heard, ALA the conversion rate is around 5%  Not really worth it in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

About a year ago I started taking a new 100% natural Omega 3 product from a North-European producer (they promised a ratio Omega 6/3 -  3:1 or lower) because I had psoriatic arthritis and five years ago it really flared up in my joints so I couldn`t exercise (martial arts) anymore and two years ago patches started appearing on my skin and under nails. I measure Omega 3 effect and Omega 6/3 ratio due to its importance.

I use blood test from leading laboratories. This is a simple dry blood-spot test for home sample collection. Leading laboratoris analyze the sample to determine your fatty acid profile as a reflection of your diet. It takes less than a minute to complete and you can access your results online anonymously after about 20 days. The balance test identifies levels of 11 fatty acids in the blood with 98% certainly. You will learn your blood levels of Omega 3 and your ratio of Omega 6/3 for balance, plus receive a report to increase your health and dietary awarness. Test results will show whether your diet is balanced or unbalanced. Continue using the balance product and adjust your diet as recomended based upon your balance test report.

NB! My first test ratio was 8,4:1, second after four months 3,4:1 and third a year later 1,6:1. By the way if you hold ratio 3:1 or lower then all life style diseases (skin, joints, asthma, allergies, diabetes 2, high blood pressure, thyroid, osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, weight loss, alzheimer`s and so on) will start disappearing.

• Upvote 1

Coach Sommer

- Very interesting.  Thank you for sharing.

- Please post a link for the laboratories you are using for the testing.

- In regards to the alzheimers, it would be entirely dependent on how advanced the disease is.  With advanced alzheimers the damage to the brain is staggering.

- Some of you may be interested to learn that Robb Wolf has shared with me that many researchers are now beginning to consider Alzheimers as a third type of diabetes.  The point being that alzheimers may be a consequence of the lifelong inclusion of inappropriate carbohydrate sources in the diet; e.g.  gluten, sugar etc.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Matthew Barrett

- Some of you may be interested to learn that Robb Wolf has shared with me that many researchers are now beginning to consider Alzheimers as a third type of diabetes.  The point being that alzheimers may be a consequence of the lifelong inclusion of inappropriate carbohydrate sources in the diet; e.g.  gluten, sugar etc.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

When my grandmother was suffering through Alzheimers I was doing different projects on it for school presentations.  So for the presentations and projects I was always looking through various current reports and research on it.  Some of the research facilities have been saying this as early as 2006.  Cures for these diseases are so far off.  The damage done to the body at the cellular level is extensive.  The type of biomedical technology to reverse that damage is still a ways beyond us. 

I really hope one day people will begin to realize that there will be future consequences for their diet.  We are not designed to eat shit but that is nutritional quality of food that many people eat on a daily basis.

I do believe though that one day people will look to prevention and begin taking their health and their children's health more seriously.

Mats Trane

About a year ago I started taking a new 100% natural Omega 3 product from a North-European producer (they promised a ratio Omega 6/3 -  3:1 or lower) because I had psoriatic arthritis and five years ago it really flared up in my joints so I couldn`t exercise (martial arts) anymore and two years ago patches started appearing on my skin and under nails. I measure Omega 3 effect and Omega 6/3 ratio due to its importance.

I use blood test from leading laboratories. This is a simple dry blood-spot test for home sample collection. Leading laboratoris analyze the sample to determine your fatty acid profile as a reflection of your diet. It takes less than a minute to complete and you can access your results online anonymously after about 20 days. The balance test identifies levels of 11 fatty acids in the blood with 98% certainly. You will learn your blood levels of Omega 3 and your ratio of Omega 6/3 for balance, plus receive a report to increase your health and dietary awarness. Test results will show whether your diet is balanced or unbalanced. Continue using the balance product and adjust your diet as recomended based upon your balance test report.

NB! My first test ratio was 8,4:1, second after four months 3,4:1 and third a year later 1,6:1. By the way if you hold ratio 3:1 or lower then all life style diseases (skin, joints, asthma, allergies, diabetes 2, high blood pressure, thyroid, osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, weight loss, alzheimer`s and so on) will start disappearing.

Hi, Do you have the name of the North European producer? Also, the lab tests are done in america or else where? My son has plaque psoriasis and my wife tthyroid problems so this could be really interesting for them. We take omega 3 but there are so many brands on the market that it is difficult tomhet a good on.

Hi, Do you have the name of the North European producer? Also, the lab tests are done in america or else where? My son has plaque psoriasis and my wife tthyroid problems so this could be really interesting for them. We take omega 3 but there are so many brands on the market that it is difficult tomhet a good on.

I can give you a lot more information if you email me at rihozn@gmail.com

Colin Macdonald

I can give you a lot more information if you email me at rihozn@gmail.com

I'm sure a lot of us (myself included) would be interested if you post everything you know here. I'm in Italy and I'd also be curious about the availability of these tests.

After my improvement from psoriatic arthritis with diagnosis L40.0(-) my brother-in-law started taking it too and since taking it for a year, he has completely gotten rid of his asthma of thirty years and allergies (peanut, cucumber, apple, grass ...). Since then all my doubts have disappeared and now I recommend it as it has helped me personally and many others as well. Few products actually work this well and to such a powerful effect. This product and the blood tests from an independent laboratory are available in Scandinavia, in the Baltic States and in the United States.

The reason I can't name the company or the product on the forum is because they forbid public advertisement! So if you have any questions, mail me on the address I have previously posted.

Colin Macdonald

The reason I can't name the company or the product on the forum is because they forbid public advertisement! So if you have any questions, mail me on the address I have previously posted.

My apologies for being a bit suspicious, but honestly this sounds a bit odd. Why don't they want advertising?

A quick search around make it seems like you are the advertisement, since you've made identical posts all over the internet:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Asthma/Is-asthma-inherited-and-will-my-other-children-get-asthma/show/2110413

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/article_comments.asp?id=873&type=1

http://www.supportgroups.com/psoriasis/im-posting-here-because-i-also-have-psoriasis-5-years-ago

http://beingmeinmyownskin.com/2014/01/14/my-two-decade-battle-with-psoriasis/

http://community.chriskresser.com/discussion/1050/nail-psoriasis

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Have-Psoriasis/1195181

On the sites where I can check it seems (like you have here) you just joined up to make a single post and are not a long term member of any of the communities where you post.

I'm happy to hear more, but right now I have the distinct impression you're a traveling internet salesman. If that's incorrect, please let me know, I mean no malice. If you're selling a good product, I'd love to hear more. But please be up front about your intentions.

• Upvote 5

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.