Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Podcast recommendation ?

Michael Blythe

In anticipation of the upcoming Movement series, I'd love to hear about all things Movement related. 

By the way, this course can't come soon enough...I can't wait!

• Upvote 1

I would love to have the seminar recorded for those that attended. The last Physio course I went to had the assistance using a Go Pro camera to film techniques and assessments. It would be awesome to even listen to what was said at the seminar.

I would love to have the seminar recorded for those that attended. The last Physio course I went to had the assistance using a Go Pro camera to film techniques and assessments. It would be awesome to even listen to what was said at the seminar.

In a similar vein to Mark's suggestion, I would be more than happy to pay for seminar footage. I'm sure this would be very valuable to those who are unable to attend a seminar and it would likely produce a strong additional revenue stream for GB. Any footage could always be edited to ensure the value of attending a seminar is still maintained.

Thanks,

Neil

• Upvote 2

William Marler

Loved the podcast Coach, thanks for doing it.

I personally would like to hear how you approach plateauing. Is it simply a matter of time, repeating micro/macro cycles as prescribed until mastery is achived? Or do you have other techniques, such as adjusting hold times/# of reps and set numbers. I've personally been working on ABH/PE1 mastery since May 2013 ... 8 months on one element is a challenge.

I would also like to hear more about mastery standards. For example, I'm now on FL/PE4, and when I look back at what I considered "mastery" for FL/PE1 I would say I did not have proper form (not open enough between the body & the thighs). That said, my form on PE1 has improved as I progressed through to PE4, and progression was challenging but not impossible. I feel the same thing might happen with sPL/PE5 (planche leans), but since I noticed the difference in the FL progression, I've been focusing on not progressing to sPL/PE6 until I've felt completely happy with my sPL/PE5 form. Are your standards rigid? If not, I would like to hear a bit about how you judge mastery criteria. 

• 2 weeks later...
Connor Davies

Actually, some thing else I've been wondering:

You mentioned in the podcast that you can peak an athlete once, maybe twice a year.  Is this kind of peaking necessary or even desirable for the GST enthusiast?  Given that we don't have to compete, is there a healthier approach to use where you never peak, but are able to train effectively continuously?

Along these lines:  Powerlifters are notorious for falling apart at higher levels of strength training.  I recently read a blog post from a man who was bragging about needing a hip replacement, simply from heavy squatting!  Sounds crazy, right?

So does GST have this same destructive capability?  I know there's a lot more focus on joint prep, but does there come a point where your strength is so great that you're literally damaging your body when you train?  I've heard of people only being able to train a specific lift every 9-14 days, because they'll be so beaten up after the training session.  Given that gymnasts train nearly every day, can you say what it is about this kind of strength that avoids that particular problem?

• Upvote 1