weight is about 3.4kg (7.5lbs), grip about 75cm (30 inches). I tried later with shoulder width grip with similar result.
Is the form ok or should I correct something?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by rafal, January 22, 2014 · 17 Replies · 393 Views
weight is about 3.4kg (7.5lbs), grip about 75cm (30 inches). I tried later with shoulder width grip with similar result.
Is the form ok or should I correct something?
Looks very nice!
Do you raise your shoulders and pull them back or only pull them back?
raise and then pull back (at least I try to raise first)
We are training the same element ![]()
Greetings from Poland (Czesc) ![]()
Your almost there. Work on flatting the back from tail to neck and you're good to go. See references here:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11021-seated-shoulder-flex-form-check/
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10507-hspe1im-form-check/
rafal said:raise and then pull back (at least I try to raise first)
should we keep them raised the whole time? or just until dislocation?
TANSTAAFL said:Your almost there. Work on flatting the back from tail to neck and you're good to go. See references here:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11021-seated-shoulder-flex-form-check/
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10507-hspe1im-form-check/
nah, i think he definitely mastered this element. recheck alans form (especially his neck position).
P5yx said:nah, i think he definitely mastered this element. recheck alans form (especially his neck position).
Agreed about the neck. I meant to say the base of the neck/shoulders. Still gonna say the OP needs to flatten that back before it passes my meaningless form check
.
TANSTAAFL said:Agreed about the neck. I meant to say the base of the neck/shoulders. Still gonna say the OP needs to flatten that back before it passes my meaningless form check
.
Hm can you describe, what you mean by "flatten that back"? His back is slightly arched like it should be (Allan's is too).
Check the pictures in the first link I posted, that's what I mean by flatten the back. Regardless, upon another review the OP does look fairly straight. I think I got optical illusioned by his traps
. Thanks for continuing to call me out and keeping the OP off a potential wrong turn.
I think there's discrepancy between what it says and what is real.
This iM is not about "first part of a dislocate" or anything like that, and that's what I see OP video. I was doing this iM wrong all this time just because of it.
Read this thread
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13683-pe-1-mobility-question/
Soon I'll upload the differences between trying dislocate and just flexion as an a HS position.
In the meantime, check this out.
This is me doing what I believe it was right; first part of a dislocate, shoulder width and 2kg added.
And this is Cannister doing the exercise properly.
Did you see the differences? ![]()
Regarding flat back:
Coach said that the form in the second picture was better from this thread.
Thank you all for critique, I'll try it the way it's described in thread Adriano linked to.
But I have to agree with what some folks said in that thread - the video is misleading and maybe it should be replaced or more focus points added explaining correct execution of this excercise.
I suggest rechecking Alans form. He definitely has a slight dislocate when performing the element.
So i've read through a lot of threads regarding this element. Because i wasn't that active in the forum
the last few month i seem to miss a few important pointers.
YOU SHOULD NOT DISLOCATED when performing this element! The video is irritating.
But still i don't know if we should elevate and retract our shoulder DURING THE WHOLE time.
second attempt - without dislocating, shoulder width grip, same weight.
What did you feel doing the exercise this way? Something different? ![]()
Now I'll say that you're in the right track my friend
But I don't know if this is mastery neither, because I don't know where we have to go with the bar.
i think it's mastered.
From Aus seminar in November: NO dislocation, only flexion with hands at handstand width. Also remember to not poke your head forward through your arms