Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gymnastics on Fox Sports right now

Parkerson Seward

Parkerson Seward

I'm watching University of Oklahoma vs Air Force right now live on Fox Sports, and just saw Alan Bower compete on the pommel. Just wanted to give a heads up since he's a product of GB.

Side note, since I'm someone new to gymnastics, I was wondering if the is planche uncommon in floor routines? I've seen some Japanese handstands but no planche/ manna/ etc. Just curious.

• Upvote 1

Joshua Slocum

Yeah, it's not worth many points, and it's a bit awkward to insert into one's routine. A japanese handstand, for example, is worth more, easier to do, and 'flows' better.

Parkerson Seward

Yeah, it's not worth many points, and it's a bit awkward to insert into one's routine. A japanese handstand, for example, is worth more, easier to do, and 'flows' better.

That's what I kind of thought, but confused me. The handstand is easier than a planche, yet worth more points. I guess because it flows with the routine more.

It was nice to see Allan compete since knowing him for 5 years through the GB seminars. The announcers said he was such a well rounded gymnasts and was an asset  to the Oklahoma program.