Hello everybody,
recently I noticed that my winter shoes, which have a bit elevated heels, are getting worn out on the outer side of the heel. Perhaps I was trying too hard to keep my foot arch from collapsing resulting in an exaggerated supination. I got into squats a couple of months ago where I am trying to be able to squat, so I do quite a bit of stretching, mobility and similar exercises as well as being conscious throughout the movement as well as daily activities like walking etc.
When I am squatting, among many other things I need to be aware of, I have to keep my foot arch active. Perhaps this habit translated itself to my walking mechanics and now I get the results I described.
For now the biggest problems in my squat are my ankle flexibility and also I discovered quite poor internal hip rotation. And sometimes walking feels very unusual and I get some bad sensation in my knees after walking a couple of kilometers.
Can you give me some basic ideas on correcting these faulty mechanics? How should I reprogram myself to be able to walk and move better?