Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Perspective

Connor Davies

Connor Davies

Interesting how a single sentence can turn everything you thought you knew on its head.

Quoted from wikipedia:  A fibrous slip usually passes from the upper border of the tendon of the Latissimus dorsi, near its insertion, to the long head of the triceps brachii. This is occasionally muscular, and is the representative of the dorsoepitrochlearis brachii of apes.

So now I have to deal with the fact that some people have more muscles than other people.  I don't mean their muscles are bigger, but that the total number of muscles is greater.  What kind of implications does that have?

And now my entire concept of tendons has been destroyed.  I thought that tendons and muscles were two anatomically distinct features, but it turns out they're not?  So do muscles just gradually become tendons, which gradually become bones?  Can ligaments also sometimes be muscles?  Can you somehow turn tendons into muscles, or the other way around?  Is there a way to train this process?

What the hell!?

Daniel Burnham

It is best not to worry yourself with the anatomical differences of people and the physiology associated with these differences. Doing so will only cause you to overthink.

Now if you are genuinely interested from an academic perspective go ahead and study these. However for training purposes you should focus on the big picture.

I learned these things a while back. Trying to milk gains out of minute processes is overwhelming in time and consideration and underwhelming in results.

Keilani Gutierrez

it isn't a copy paste similarity but an example is that Fascia runs through everything and connects lots of tissues, then at certain areas there's a high concentration of it( muscles are an electric conductor and conductors need an insulator) a tissue that does this job is the Fascia. then the farther away you get from the muscle belly, there's a higher concentration of this Fascia and insulates kind of like a sausage wrap, the meat inside is the conductor like copper wiring and the fascia is the plastic covering. 

i'm not a hunter but the time's i've been able to see and play with joints while still connected, like a knee or elbow, it's interesting to see how everything slides together so seamlessly. it really is cool looking ^_^ 

Connor Davies

I learned these things a while back. Trying to milk gains out of minute processes is overwhelming in time and consideration and underwhelming in results.

Haha I think you would have to have already reached your maximum potential to need to worry about this kind of thing.  But are you saying it is possible?

Craig Mallett

The fascial system is basically entwined in and connects everything making the lines between where certain tissues end and start very blurry. Thus includes bones, muscles, tendons (where muscle connects to bone), ligaments (where bone connects to bone) and organs (the fascia is what holds the organs somewhat in place and also is bound into the organ itself). If you want to know more about it I highly suggest getting the book anatomy trains (there is also a website and talks on YouTube). Your main guys in fascial research are Thomas Myer and Robert schleip. Oh and of course Mr Laughlin is like an encyclopaedia when it comes to this stuff.

• Upvote 1