Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H2 and R1 release dates!

Christian Sørlie

Connor Davies

I'm a little hesitant about H2 now that I've heard what's going to be in it.

Inside you will find pancake mobility and drills to work towards a pike press.

So does this mean straddle press is going to be the subject of H3?

If I miss out on my one arm handstand because of this I'm going to be sorely disappointed....

Don't worry, you'll have your straddle press before the pike press. The course also hints a few times at OAHS development so I'm quite confident that H3 will be about OAHS.  :)

• Upvote 1

I still believe in OAHS. It's mentioned a few times in the course. H3 would be a prerequisite for R2 or R3 if XR HS were going to be in it, but it isn't (I'm saying this because of that https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/8084-preparing-the-elbows-and-biceps-for-iron-cross-training/).

I also thought that there could be other presses on rings that would be included in H3 instead of the progressions of the Rings series, but R1 or R2 (at least) would be prerequisites for H3. Again, they're not. 

I really don't think H3 will have anything to do with rings, given the info on the curriculum.

Japanese HS and presses, they could definitely appear in H3, but I also doubt it would be just that. Which is why I believe in OAHS.  :D It's true that it's not very specific to gymnastics, but we are doing GST after all. Gymnastics coaches might not focus on this skill if it's not worth it, but there surely are many benefits to it when it just comes to strength/balance.

Hi, I don't understand something:

If F2 is a prerequisite for H2, what about H1?
Can people who have purchased H1 and the foundation series commbine foundation, H1 and H2, or is it better to complete H1 before going on to H2?
I haven't see any reference to it.

The details are in H2, but basically you can do the first part of H2 when F2 is mastered, and you will be able to do the rest when your progress of H1 is good enough.

Thanks. Is there any templete which combines Foundation, H1 and the first part of H2?
Would it be ok to do H1 and H2 one after the other on the same day?
About 1/3 of the H1 course is not very phisically dimanding, and works on improving mobility; so maybe combining them together is a good idea.

As for myself, I am pretty sure I will complete F2 much earlier than H1. My shoulder mobility is still pretty bad, so it will take some time.
Personally, I definitely can wait with H2, but I wonder what coach thinks about it.

I'm a little hesitant about H2 now that I've heard what's going to be in it ... If I miss out on my one arm handstand because of this I'm going to be sorely disappointed ...

Actually just the opposite.  If you are at all serious about one arm handstands; you will need to master the majority of H1 and H2.  If you end up "sorely disappointed" it will be because you failed to listen and failed to do the necessary work.

H3 is indeed going to focus solely on one arm handstands.  Not just flirting or playing around with them, but mastering them.

Now relax and let me worry about the necessary progressions and programming details.  For your GST journey to be successful, everyone needs to remember the GB division of labor.  My job is to teach.  Your job is to learn.   ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

p..s.  And ... NO, I am not going to share a further single detail about H3.  You now know its coming.  You now know you need to master the majority of H1 and H2 in order to prepare for it.  That is all you need to know for the time being.  Now quit yapping and go get to work on H1 and H2!!!

• Upvote 22

Thanks. Is there any template which combines Foundation, H1 and the first part of H2?

Yes.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

Actually just the opposite. If you are at all serious about one arm handstands; you will need to master the majority of H1 and H2. If you end up "sorely disappointed" it will be because you failed to listen and failed to do the necessary work.

H3 is indeed going to focus solely on one arm handstands. Not just flirting or playing around with them, but mastering them.

Now relax and let me worry about the necessary progressions and programming details. For your GST journey to be successful, everyone needs to remember the GB division of labor. My job is to teach. Your job is to learn. ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

p..s. And ... NO, I am not going to share a further single detail about H3. You now know its coming. You now know you need to master the majority of H1 and H2 in order to prepare for it. That is all you need to know for the time being. Now quit yapping and go get to work on H1 and H2!!!

A.W.E.S.O.M.E!

Ok, back to training.

Edit: I have officially lost interest in the world. Plenty here to keep me occupied without getting bored.

• Upvote 5

Connor Davies

H3 is indeed going to focus solely on one arm handstands.  Not just flirting or playing around with them, but mastering them.

I don't have the words for how happy this makes me.

Take it away Pharrell:

• Upvote 1

I must admit I'm a bit confused why f2 needs to be mastered before h2. Aside from the pike flexibility and hip compression you'd get through manna progressions the first partof h2 doesn't seem like it would require the abilities of someone who has f2 mastered to start, at least what I have looked at so far anyway.

Connor Davies

I've never seen a One Arm Handstands in a competition before

Gymnasts don't compete them.  As far as I know, they don't even exist in the code of points.

Doesn't mean they're not valuable.

Marios Roussos

Yeah, I'm a little surprised myself as I never thought gymnasts worked these until they were done with competition and started considering careers in entertainment...

I initially didn't have much of an interest in one-armed handstands, but reading the threads in which Handbalancer gives exquisitely technical feedback to those working them has given me a much greater appreciation for the elegance of the movement, as well as the amount of strength and technical skill involved in achieving it. 

This is all pretty exciting. H2 also looks like so much fun, I can't wait to start working on it; now if only I could speed up my mobility gains and get rid of this zombie physiology of mine. I'm going to go assault my gracilis again to see if anything happens this time. 

• Upvote 1

Parkerson Seward

Was there any update on when Rings would be released?

I've haven't really been around much and may have missed it.