Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H2 and R1 release dates!

Christian Sørlie

Christian Sørlie

H2 in january (late) and R1 in february.

2014 is gonna be awesome.

Dates are from the latest ChalkTalk.

• Upvote 1

Douglas Wadle

I wish i knew what H2 entailed.  I'm assuming we'll be able to know the goals of each course before we buy it so we know if it's appropriate for us and our goals.  I'm particularly intrigued that it can be worked side by side with H1.  It is exciting!

Coach Sommer

Review the GB University Curriculum guide.

H2 is a necessity if later you would like to progress on to R2. Without H1 and H2 your ring strength journey will begin and end at R1.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 3

Coach, or other GB staff, can you please clarify the prerequisites for H2?

In the GB Curriculum guide it states that F1 and F2 are prereqs for H2. However the latest Chalk Talk mentions F1 and F2 are prereqs for R1 but does not mention the prereqs for H2.

Coach, or other GB staff, can you please clarify the prerequisites for H2?

In the GB Curriculum guide it states that F1 and F2 are prereqs for H2. However the latest Chalk Talk mentions F1 and F2 are prereqs for R1 but does not mention the prereqs for H2.

We have limited room in the newsletter so it didn't fit. The GB curriculum is always the guideline when in doubt. 

• Upvote 1

We have limited room in the newsletter so it didn't fit. The GB curriculum is always the guideline when in doubt. 

Thanks, this perfectly answers my question.

I find it interesting that h1 and h2 work can be side by side..... Also wonder how the hell the shedualing will look for it all.

Also is mastery of every part of f1 and f2 required, for example if one has completed all of f2 except sls would they be able to do rings?

Will the Handstand, Rings, and Movement series be offered in a package deal like Foundation?  Or at least will there be pre-orders?

Coach Sommer

- As it covers basic fundamental materials only Foundation is offered as a package deal to help students get started.  

- Pre-orders are not available on the more advanced courses.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

- As it covers basic fundamental materials only Foundation is offered as a package deal to help students get started.  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Understandable.  Thanks for the reply Coach!

Connor Davies

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I think an R1 & M1 package might be nice for advanced students, further down the line.

#2cents

Ralph Palutke

I find it interesting that h1 and h2 work can be side by side..... Also wonder how the hell the shedualing will look for it all.

Also is mastery of every part of f1 and f2 required, for example if one has completed all of f2 except sls would they be able to do rings?

i second that. how can rings and foundation and so on be worked on side by side? will the training time shoot up to 4 hours a day? i doubt that since the series is for "normal" people with jobs, families etc.

i second that. how can rings and foundation and so on be worked on side by side? will the training time shoot up to 4 hours a day? i doubt that since the series is for "normal" people with jobs, families etc.

Someone on the forum mentioned the possibility of the rings series just adding one progression 'track' to be worked alongside the seven foundation tracks and the two handstand tracks. That is at least a possibility, although I've no idea whether that is the case

Joshua Slocum

If Foundation takes you 2 hours a day, you're doing something very wrong. A Foundation workout shouldn't take you more than 45 minutes or so - even less time if you're more advanced, since the reps/hold times decrease as the elements get harder. 

• Upvote 6

We might end up working to 6 day a week of only gst or twice a days by the end of it :P. and foundation never took me more than about an hour even with the high rep mastery. Throw in handstand movement and rings assuming that rings and movement is more like handstand another doesn't have 7 exercises like foundation maybe 2- 2.5 hours to complete the whole lot. And I guess that we won't be working everything every day so maybe less.

Marios Roussos

I think an R1 & M1 package might be nice for advanced students, further down the line.

#2cents

I don't see how combining M1 and R1 in an advanced student package would make any sense. M1 is a beginner program that can be started while one is still working on F1, whereas R2 requires one to have completed all of F2. I for one will be staring M1 as soon as it comes out, but won't be touching R1 for quite a long time. If one were to make a package that includes M1, it would seem more logical to combine it to F1 and H1.

• Upvote 2

Ralph Palutke

If Foundation takes you 2 hours a day, you're doing something very wrong. A Foundation workout shouldn't take you more than 45 minutes or so - even less time if you're more advanced, since the reps/hold times decrease as the elements get harder. 

i can't see where i've written that my foundation training would take me 2 hours a day....

Scott Pelton-Stroud

From Coach Sommer's post in this thread: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13466-front-and-back-walkoverslimbers/?hl=%2Ballan+%2Bmonday+%2Bwednesday#entry131946

"- Make recovery a priority.  Allan's most productive training schedule was MondayWednesday and Friday twice a day (5-7am and 3:30-6:30) and a single long practice on Saturdays (9:00-1pm).  No practice at all on Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday."

Allan Bower, on the road to elite-level training, trained 4-5 hours a day, four days a week, totaling 20 hours of training. I imagine there will be some kind of schedule available for those of us not planning to head to the world championships. 

Then again, if we really want to combine training for F, M, R, and the H's, maybe we will just have to accept that that will take up a lot of time!

From Coach Sommer's post in this thread: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13466-front-and-back-walkoverslimbers/?hl=%2Ballan+%2Bmonday+%2Bwednesday#entry131946

"- Make recovery a priority.  Allan's most productive training schedule was MondayWednesday and Friday twice a day (5-7am and 3:30-6:30) and a single long practice on Saturdays (9:00-1pm).  No practice at all on Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday."

Allan Bower, on the road to elite-level training, trained 4-5 hours a day, four days a week, totaling 20 hours of training. I imagine there will be some kind of schedule available for those of us not planning to head to the world championships. 

Then again, if we really want to combine training for F, M, R, and the H's, maybe we will just have to accept that that will take up a lot of time!

You have to take into consideration Allan Bower is a competitive gymnast. He probably hasn't done Foundations, Handstand, Ring, Movement series in years.

Scott Pelton-Stroud

@Hmms, sorry I probably wasn't very clear with my point. I think we might be in agreement. 

Somebody at world-level performance is going to have much greater work capacity than us average folk. They will also need to train more to be competitive than we will need to train for our own personal gains. 

If Allan can train @ 4-5 hours a day, 4 days a week, and perform very competitively, I think we can do less than 4 hours a day (P5yx's worry) and still get good results.

Joshua Slocum

Keep in mind that any gymnast spends a lot of time on event/skill work. 20 hours/week of training doesn't mean 20 hours a week of GST. 

• Upvote 6