Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nootropics.

Connor Davies

I tried Noopept for a couple of weeks. Supposed to be similar to Piracetam but more potent. Didn't notice any significant difference much to my disappointment  <_<

Took a whole bunch in one go once and my mind felt really scattered for the rest of the day. 

I'm over it for now, but may give it a shot again in the future. 

Daniel Shields

I find nootropics very interesting, but the major problem that stops me from using them is the fact that the only studies on them focus on simple, quantifiable aspects of cognition.

What about creativity and emotion? Is a slight boost in memory worth a decrease in ability in creative problem solving or a loss of happiness or empathy?

Of course this is all hypothetical. Piracetam increases activity across the corpus callosum, so it wouldn't necessarily be surprising it augments both creativity and empathy. But again, the problem is that such things are pure speculation at this point.

• Upvote 1

Marios Roussos

Anyone have any experience with them?

Do you have a specific intended purpose for taking them or are you just asking out of curiosity?

Connor Davies

i know several people in high level research etc roles who swear by them, but my personal jury is still out. Interesting though

Any examples of what sort of stacks they take?  From what I can tell these things can get pretty complicated, pretty fast.

Connor Davies

Do you have a specific intended purpose for taking them or are you just asking out of curiosity?

Focus and memory retention mostly.

Keilani Gutierrez

Focus and memory retention mostly.

exercising your mind by something like puzzles or remembering phone numbers can help keep you sharp.

I meditate and occasionally play video games(i find first person shooters challenging so im playing a few that are. keep the blood moving and you won't lose it, i guess ^_^ )

sleeping like a log is wonderful too for my memory and mental feels

Connor Davies

Hey I like sudoku as much as the next guy, and there's promising research in regards to videogames and neural conditioning, but in my already very limited experience chemicals can give you a definite edge.  Had an exam a while back, loaded up on caffeine and nicotine, aced it.  So now I'm curious as to what kind of results I can achieve with some proper nootropics.

Samuli Jyrkinen

I use coffee + green tea + L-theanine combo, works very well.  I also usually eat some 86% dark chocolate for my breakfast which is shown to be good for cognitive skills as well. As a non-smoker nicotine gum also increases significantly my focus but also gives an incredible high. All of these are legal and it is your body + your brain -- do as you like but take responsibility of the consequences. 

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.