Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can a bodybuilder be a gymnast?

Connor Davies

He's called Kali Muscle and he can hold the human flag and also do MUs on a bar. I'm pretty sure his physique is enhanced with steroids though.

• Upvote 1

He's called Kali Muscle and he can hold the human flag and also do MUs on a bar. I'm pretty sure his physique is enhanced with steroids though.

No prizes for that guess :P

You mean you are absolutely sure his physique is enhanced with steroids, right?

Is that a give away? I have no idea but what would be the best (large/ huge) non steroid body one could build that would not be such a give away? (pictures?)

Samuli Jyrkinen

You mean you are absolutely sure his physique is enhanced with steroids, right?

Kali muscle says he is natural and is only this big because he eats lots of tuna. Hence there is absolutely no chance he is juicing.

Kali muscle says he is natural and is only this big because he eats lots of tuna. Hence there is absolutely no chance he is juicing.

Oh wow, sounds legit. Will immediately begin hoarding tuna.

I mean ok, fair play to him, he's clearly put in a load of work to build a huge physique. Steroids gave him an edge but they didn't do the work for him, and that is many years of hard work right there. That's a big achievement, no question.

But bodybuilding and that kind of size pursuit is just not my thing, so it's hard for me to be impressed beyond 'Hey, it's nice to see a big guy who isn't 100% muscle bound.'

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Is that a give away? I have no idea but what would be the best (large/ huge) non steroid body one could build that would not be such a give away? (pictures?)

Look at guys like John Grimek or Eugene Sandow.  They did their training back in the days before steroids were invented, so that should give you a pretty good idea.  Obviously I'm not discrediting modern training techniques (I don't think either of those guys even bench pressed) but there's a noticeable difference in their type of physique compared to that above. 

Parkerson Seward

Kali Muscle, he's the guy in the Geico commercial where they say "happier than a bodybuilder directing traffic".

He also has a video on youtube doing muscleups, where it cuts out halfway through but he insists they were non-stop reps  :facepalm:

Impressive for his size though

• Upvote 1