Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What To Call Curriculum Graduates?

Tristan Curtis

Tristan Curtis

With the anticipation of F3 & F4 only days away, and the core curriculum being released in months, I ask...

What name of honor shall we endow upon core graduates; those who have completed the epic journey of F, Ha, M, R and Hu?

Randeep Walia

With the anticipation of F3 & F4 only days away, and the core curriculum being released in months, I ask...

What name of honor shall we endow upon core graduates; those who have completed the epic journey of F, Ha, M, R and Hu?

Are these acronyms from F2?

Murray Truelove

Are these acronyms from F2?

Think he means, Foundation, Handstand, Movement, Rings and Hungarian.

Beginning Intermediates in GST

:lol:

Seriously though, he will most likely call people who complete Foundation as you said. "Not quite a beginner anymore, but still not exactly intermediate.  :icon_twisted: "

I don't think you get to be an intermediate by Coach's standards until you begin Cross work.  :P

• Upvote 1

I think just completing Foundation will give us the title of "Advanced Beginners". Once we complete the RIngs (AKA Cross, presumably), I don't think that's beginner realm anymore.

I think just completing Foundation will give us the title of "Advanced Beginners". Once we complete the RIngs (AKA Cross, presumably), I don't think that's beginner realm anymore.

Yes, sorry, I was jumping onto the above post due to having Foundation on the brain ^_^

Kate Abernethy

On reflection, the title Sommerians should probably be reserved for those adult gymnasts who have obtained the manna after following the program. I'm looking at you Nash.

Colin Macdonald

I don't think you get to be an intermediate by Coach's standards until you begin Cross work.  :P

Nah, the cross is a B skill. I think showing up for a gymnastics competition without a solid cross is like going to a football game when you can't run. So I think once you've nailed your cross, then you can call yourself a beginner.  :lol:

Yeah, but you can't really use this system to evaluate students of GST. Actual gymnastics has so much more to it than just strength elements.

That only asserts Coach won't call us gymnasts but who doubted it.  :lol: I think Cross is definitely at least intermediate. As in intermediate intermediate, not advanced intermediate, let's not push it.  :P