How long does a workout take for foundations?

Started by jaybros729, December 17, 2013 · 12 Replies · 4,863 Views

jaybros729

How long would a foundation series 1 ( or 2/3/4 for that matter) take? ( for the 3/4/5 day programs)

 

Are they around 30-1 hour?

 

Thanks

 

Jay

Bissen

I usually have the work alone done in 30-40 minutes. With warmups, foam rolling, stretching etc., around an hour.

Murray Truelove

I'm on Foundation 1 and they take me about an hour. The core work out should only take about 30-40 minutes if you're diligent with the rest times. 

Guest

Depends on how far in. If you're on week 11 in everything (the mastery week) then around an hour or so. Takes me about 30-40 minutes or so, because I do shortened warm ups.

Murray Truelove

It's worth expanding on what Awarenesss said; the volume fluctuates. You first week might take almost no time at all but later into the program with more reps and sets it could well double in length, if not more. It depends on where you are in the program with each exercise. 

john_c

4 days a week @ 30-40 minutes, not including a 10 minute warm up.

Adriano Augusto

4 days a week, around one hour and a little bit more. Deloads weeks aprox 40 minutes. As it has been said, it depends on where you're at the program and what template are you using. To do all the elements in one workout is more than and hour for sure.

jaybros729

Thanks y'all

Jamestiffin

I am regular and every day 30 minut spend in gym.

Jon Douglas

Roughly 5-15 mins per element incl specific warmup :) plus another 15ish per session for general warmup for me.

ausswe

I'm mostly in the last cycle for everything (higher volume here). Doing the 4 day split with h1 withconsidersble warm up takes me no more than an hour on day one and the second day half that time because one less exercise less warm up and no h1. As you progress to f2 it will get shorter as well.

Ravn

I timed myself doing core / lower body work (three exercises) and it took me 75 minutes. I wasn't exactly rushing, but I do include a fairly substantial warmup for each exercise. I wonder if I have become a warmup hero? Anyway, I like the higher volume that the extra warmup gives, and since I hardly do any cardio at the moment, the extra volume and sweating suits me fine. If I cut the volume of the warmup I would easily be able to finish in 45 minutes.

Cole Dano

Nothing wrong with taking a little more time and doing longer warm up, extra mobility etc. The main point is the CORE workout is snappy with no lolly gagging around.