Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How quick should I lose weight?

Shia

Okay, so I'm overweight. I'm overweight but pretty strong and have good mass.

I want to lose fat and get in shape for summer, but I CANT STAND being fat. It's at the forefront of my mind, 24/7 no matter what I do. I cant enjy myself because I'm continuously self concious that I'm fat. I hate it and its ruining my life.

So my question is. How fast can I lose weight without sacrificing my arduously earnt strength and msucle?

Keilani Gutierrez

read Josh's workout nutrition and basic guidelines in the nutrition forum. i know it sounds pretty cut and dry but trust me, im not condescending! it really is quite an eye opener once you get momentum going

Connor Davies

A couple pounds a week is doable if you're strict about getting enough protein.  I've done it before, but you can get sick of being hungry and bounce back if you're not careful.

Tristan Curtis

1-2 pounds a week should be fine.

I would concentrate on your function. If your athletic ability improves or sustains it's a good sign. If you start to get weaker, it's worth revisiting your calorie deficit.

I've had excellent weight-loss success by getting all my macros, vitamins and minerals in as few calories as possible (about 1,900). This involves eating a whole lot of veggies and some lean proteins.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Curtis

I was 207lb (94kg) back in May - today I am 170lb (77kg) - and my goal is 161lb (73kg). This will get me to about 11-12% bodyfat.

I have averaged 1.5lb (700g) loss a week in the weeks that I have stuck to the plan. I probably would be at target by now, but there has been several vacations, special events etc. since October with poor food, lack of training, and over-indulging hard. My weight has gone up and down over the past couple of months. But I am seriously tired of stalling and am back on plan now.  :)

The matter of muscle loss has been easy for me. My only concerns are performance in F1 and middle-distance running. My running capacity has skyrocketed. Every week of F1 has been better than the previous, so I am moving towards my goal. Whether it is due to muscle growth, or I have lost muscle but the loss of fat has outweighed that - I don't know - but I still have a body that is consistently better conditioned for the F1 elements. As long as that continues I am satisfied.

To speak generally, everything feels easier. Even standing still feels like less effort than 6 months ago. Regarding changes in strength, I notice it most with all squatting-type movements, and especially in bodyweight pulling movements. At 210lb I could strain through 2 chin-ups (palms towards you) and could do about half a pull-up (palms away). Now at 170lb I can easily do 4-5 pull-ups. My lats have grown significantly thanks to the Rope Climb elements of F1, but I'm sure the lack of 40lb pulling me to the ground contributes!

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

My lats have grown significantly thanks to the Rope Climb elements of F1, but I'm sure the lack of 40lb pulling me to the ground contributes!

Lats can be really hard to see when your body fat % is high.  That's the thing I've always had trouble with, are my muscles getting bigger, or just more defined.

Even worse is when you think your muscles are getting bigger, but it's just a layer of fat on top of them....

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

With regular exercise and diet program you can easily reduce weight in few weeks. You can add some cardio exercises in your workout plan and eat simple food in diet. Do exercise for one hour daily and avoid eating fast food. You will see a great difference in your diet.

lakecountybootcamps gym

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.