Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dip and Pullup stations

Cole Dano

For a while I've been trying to figure out a very sturdy yet space saving solution for a dip station.

A fixed set up would take up too much room, and also when pricing it out, I found it to be prohibitavly  expensive.

Below is a wall attached unit that is extremely sturdy. Mine is adapted to my YogaWall, but one could also mount it directly to a wall and add hooks for the straps.

The other nice thing about this for me is I can completely disassemble it in about 2 minutes and it fits neatly into a corner of the closet. Having very limited space, this is of extreme importance to me.

It works for everything from dips to pullovers, very happy with the system. The key being it is very flexible and day to adjust both height and width, plus there is no chance it can fall or break.

Next step is to remake the bars from laminated maple.

Also attached is the pull up bar I had custom made and powder coated. Completely bulletproof, and sized perfectly for my needs.

Where there's a will there's a way, equipment is no excuse. :)

post-1330-0-47611900-1386005077_thumb.pn

post-1330-0-78228200-1386005147_thumb.pn

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

Murray, can you do muscleups on that cross bar?  And what about for russian dips?

Edit: Oh and Cole, nice yoga wall.

Nice solution Cole! You used scaffolding poles and tension straps unless I'm mistaken. I too have been thinking of the best way to construct a dip station for a while now. I also know that it won't be too long before I need stall bars.

After seeing your setup, I am wondering if I could combine the two: I would build some fairly conventional stall bars and integrate some pivots for the horizontal bars, and anchor points for the straps.

Now I just have to convince my wife that this is a good idea...

Yes I used 42.4mm galvanised pipe, and KeeSystems Aluminium fittings.

Yes you could make a very similar set up with stall bars. Which i was originally planning to do myself, I have stall bars in the other corner of my room. But the yoga wall solution was stronger, and the straps are already part of it so it made more sense for me.

For stall bars, if you go with something similar to KeeKlamps then you could try the T-fitting variant they have that opens up. Of course that will depend on the thickness of you stall bars.

In the future, if I can talk Coach Sommer into it, I'd love for GB to produce a system that would integrate into the upcoming stall bars. 

Murray Truelove

Murray, can you do muscleups on that cross bar?  And what about for russian dips?

Edit: Oh and Cole, nice yoga wall.

I can't do muscleups so I haven't tried, is there a reason why you wouldn't be able to (I'm not very familiar with them)? I'm not sure about Russian dips, the handles are long-ish so I'm hoping they'll do.  

Nice setup.  I just got my Ironmind Catalogue today, and they have a squat/dip/pullup combo.  But it looks like it would take a while to setup/takedown.

I need to take pictures of my stallbars made with electrical conduit.