Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

eating 2 eggs everyday? bad or good?

DiTi

im 15 years old i weight 75kg and im 1.82m tall.im strong but my muscles look small and weak thats why i wanna bulk up and build some muscle mass.my only problem is my diet because i dont eat that much protein or fats only alot of carbs.do u think eating 2 eggs per can help me get more protein?. im also planing on lowering my carbs           

Colin Macdonald

As long as they're cooked. Even though raw eggs is a classic meal for body builders, protein absorption for raw egg is really poor.

Don't think about force feeding yourself to get strong though. Strength training builds muscle, proper nutrition is a platform to support that activity. While active people need lots of calories, don't fall into the classic trap of thinking calories=muscles.

Try focusing on eating whole foods, real meals made from real ingredients. And train, then train some more.

Connor Davies

TBH 2 eggs isn't that high in protein.  It takes 5 to hit the 30g of protein that you supposedly need at every meal.  They're also high in fats, with 5 eggs containing 350 calories vs the hundred or so in a can of tuna.  And a can of tuna also has 30g of protein!

Although, it's deciding which bothers you more, eating cholesterol or eating mercury......

Samuli Jyrkinen

I eat 5-8 raw eggs a day. Had blood tests taken last Wed, and everything were in healthy/optimal range. Eggs have been demonized for no good reason.

• Upvote 1

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

I usually get 5 eggs daily

400cal , 35 gr of protein, good ammounts of fat

There's no problem about getting 2 eggs daily...

Aaro Helander

I eat usually six eggs per day. One study mentioned on a bodyrecomposition.com article by Lyle McD said that beginners who started a strength-program and ate three eggs per day, gained twice the muscle mass compared to another group who ate same amount of calories but no eggs. I'll try to find the study when I have time.

• Upvote 1

so i can eat more than 2 eggs daily but the only problem is that i can get fat

Look intro the relationship between fat and carbs in causing obesity. The notion that fat makes you fat is somewhat outdated - it is more likely that an overconsumption of carbs is what makes most people fat.

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

well in my country eggs are much cheaper then tuna 

Where I live (UK) 15 eggs is about 3.30 and 4 cans of tuna is about 4, so eggs are slightly more expensive.  Eggs are much cheaper if you are willing to get them from caged hens, but I'm not....

Samuli Jyrkinen

eggs contain a large amount of methionine which has been linked to IGF-1, cancer promotion, osteoporosis and kidney stones, etc...

It's best to not eat a sh!t ton of them every day.

Here is one among several papers that suggests that infrequent egg consumption is ok but regular consumption carries health risks: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18400720

Just because everyone else on teh internetz says they eat 50 eggs a day and have great had great gains does not mean it is good for you. And just because I present an argument against eating lots of eggs, does not mean you should cut out eggs either. 

What you should ultimately do is your own research and make your own decisions on the best available non-biased evidence.

I have hard time taking many studies seriously because they are often fundamentally flawed. That's why I rely on nutritional experts opinions on the nutritional intakes because they usually have the expertise to eliminate the studies with no real relevance.

But anyway, if you eat anything too much and too regularly, the possible bad substances can build up to your system and cause problems. The eggs(and other foods) can become allergenic with too much chronic consumption as well. The solution? Cycle what you eat. I won't be eating any eggs(or very little) during my upcoming holidays.

• Upvote 1

eggs contain a large amount of methionine which has been linked to IGF-1, cancer promotion, osteoporosis and kidney stones, etc...

Here is one among several papers that suggests that infrequent egg consumption is ok but regular consumption carries health risks: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18400720

Just because everyone else on teh internetz says they eat 50 eggs a day and have great had great gains does not mean it is good for you. And just because I present an argument against eating lots of eggs, does not mean you should cut out eggs either. 

What you should ultimately do is your own research and make your own decisions on the best available non-biased evidence.

Water contains a large amount of H2O, which has been linked to dilutional hyponatremia, drowning, death, etc...

It's best not to drink 50 liters of water every day.

• Upvote 5

I prefer at least 3-6 eggs each morning with ham, sausage, or bacon and don't forget some cheese and Chalula.

Gregor Saksida, a gymnast from Slovenia, used to be on here some years ago and I think Gregor ate 6-10 per day.

The most difficult part is not getting bored as hell eating. No way I want to 2 servings of scrambled eggs a day. Scrambled, hard boiled, or Omelette is pretty doable though.

Aaro Helander

Whole eggs to get the cholesterol and good fats to promote hormonal balance, which helps optimize muscle and strength gains, as well as overall health.

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

Gregor Saksida, a gymnast from Slovenia, used to be on here some years ago and I think Gregor ate 6-10 per day.

What ever happened to Gregor?

I fused with him, dragon ball Z style. We are now collectively known as Birgor.

In my first two years of college, I had anywhere from 9 to 12 eggs a day because they were the only appealing form of protein at the buffet's. Ordered them over-medium, every day. It got so routine that the guy who cooked my eggs eventually memorized my order. Incidentally, I also put on 20lbs of weight while dropping from 14 to 8% body fat in that first year...not to mention I didn't work out for 3  months in between because of a injury. Also keeping in mind that I almost entirely lived off of a steady diet of eggs, peanut butter sandwiches, bananas, sweet potatoes, and string beans that year..

Connor Davies

I fused with him, dragon ball Z style. We are now collectively known as Birgor.

Really, burger?  What an unfortunate name....

I would have gone with Gregen.  :P

Well, he is on my FB. I haven't talked to him in awhile like a year. He got engaged last year and was just busy coaching and training then. We talked about how little he made as a coach, lol.

Yeah, eat the whole egg. I know some people omit the yolk because they are watching calories but a lot of the nutrition is in the yolk (though the white still has protein and way less fat).

A lot of my younger gymnasts would eat just the white of hard boiled eggs and I would generally eat the yolks. Kinda irked me but sometimes they were so hungry they'd even eat hard boiled eggs.

Connor Davies

A lot of my younger gymnasts would eat just the white of hard boiled eggs and I would generally eat the yolks. Kinda irked me but sometimes they were so hungry they'd even eat hard boiled eggs.

5 a day at work.  It's that, or tuna sandwiches.  Not much keeps for very long in a locker room.

Do you still coach?

Bipocni, this year I've bounced around the US looking at a few gyms but there were some issues that didn't get worked out. More than likely they were due to what I have made in the past as a coach and what those gyms wanted to pay.

Right now I'm coaching Strength&Conditioning classes at my gym as an assistant and I help out at buddy's gym with OlympicLifting and Gymnastics when I'm there 1-2x/week.

Salami keeps pretty well in a locker room if the owner's dog didn't keep on stealing it.

• 1 month later...
Wieland Gmeiner

This paper suffers from the usual problems. The data it tries to analyze are from an observational study, they were obtained by food  questionnaires ("How many eggs did you eat last year") what is a proven method for a flawed data base, it's original purpose was something completely different, there were many factors that were "corrected" by statistical methods, what basically means that, based on former papers (that may have obtained their conclusions the same way) the data were "weighted" to relativize the facts that the egg eaters were older, smoked more, drank more alcohol, had more diabetes, etc., what in the end means that the authors adjusted their data until they showed what they wanted them to show. And in the end they could show some weak associations, what is completely meaningless at all. Association is not causation.
The bottom line is, don't trust any studies like that, they say nothing, or they say what the people that paid for it want to read. But they really never prove their claims.

What I would do indeed, I would assure that my eggs are from pastured hens whenever possible, because the food they eat affects a lot the composition of the fatty acids of their eggs (and meat, btw).

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.