Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Video recorders

Colin Macdonald

Colin Macdonald

What do most people use for video recording for form checks? I don't have a smart phone or a laptop, and I'm wondering what some other good (cheap?) options might be. Any suggestions?

Maybe this. Not very good reviews, but they're all referring to the quality, which unless you are extremely nitpicking (like handstand line or other specific things), this should be fine.

Josh Schmitter

Yeah, I would check amazon for camera reviews then you can rock da ebay and find some used crappier version. I have a Canon Powershot SD400 Elph from about 2005...still works fine in that crappy 2005 way.

As long as it has video/usb capability (which you would be hard pressed to find one w/out) you should be able to bypass the 1080HD/3D/Whirlpool effects package.

• Upvote 1

Colin Macdonald

Maybe this. Not very good reviews, but they're all referring to the quality, which unless you are extremely nitpicking (like handstand line or other specific things), this should be fine.

Was there supposed to be a link?  I can't see what you're referring to.

Yeah, I would check amazon for camera reviews then you can rock da ebay and find some used crappier version. I have a Canon Powershot SD400 Elph from about 2005...still works fine in that crappy 2005 way.

As long as it has video/usb capability (which you would be hard pressed to find one w/out) you should be able to bypass the 1080HD/3D/Whirlpool effects package.

Derp, I somehow forgot about the now pervasive feature of video recording on almost all digital cameras. My camera is a digital SLR without any video recording functions, so this totally slipped my mind. 2005 you say? It looks like my brain is stuck in 1995.  :facepalm:

I should easily be able to grab a cheap digital camera that will serve my needs, thanks!

Keilani Gutierrez

Joshua films with a go-pro Hero and the shots he does look pretty sick and they're pretty accesible

Colin Macdonald

Joshua films with a go-pro Hero and the shots he does look pretty sick and they're pretty accesible

That looks like a cool camera, but expensive for my current needs!  :o

Keilani Gutierrez

oh wow. those things have gotten super expensive. just checked the website and you're right. o_o

what's your price range? 

Colin Macdonald

I actually found a simple digital camera at work that isn't used anymore that has a video function, so I'm all set (to make grainy, poorly lit videos!).