Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6-1 tall gymnast in beijing olympics *VIDEO*

sasquatch

Haha even before I watched the video I knew you were referring to Alexander Shatilov from Israel... however just a small correction - he's 6 feet tall, not 6"1! Small difference but still :)

It's been said before, time and time again, that men tend to lie about their height by an inch.

Oh I just put 6-1 because that's what wikipedia says.

I always say I'm 6-4 1/2 because that's what the Docter said I was, but whenever I measure myself, it says i'm 6-3 1/2.

I still always say 6-4 1/2 though. :D What Blair says is true. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Justin Rawley

Your height changes throughout the day as your spine compresses. Most people are at least a quarter inch taller than when they wake up and hydration (the intervertebral disks contain a lot of water) can play a big part of how tall you are at any given moment. When I was regularly Oly-lifting, I was half an inch shorter than previously, then I regained some of that height back when I quit lifting. Airborn guys sometimes lose a full two inches of height after years of jumping and hard landings.

Your height changes throughout the day as your spine compresses. Most people are at least a quarter inch taller than when they wake up and hydration (the intervertebral disks contain a lot of water) can play a big part of how tall you are at any given moment. When I was regularly Oly-lifting, I was half an inch shorter than previously, then I regained some of that height back when I quit lifting. Airborn guys sometimes lose a full two inches of height after years of jumping and hard landings.

Interesting. I knew people were taller when they first wake-up but I didn't know about all the other stuff.