Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jacob Marks

Coach Sommer

I thought you would like to see an update on how young Josh. He was 1 of the 25 young men selected to the National Future Stars Camp in a field of over 200 boys thanks to the mentorship and guidance your program and advice has given me. I can't explain how grateful I am to what your philosophy and book has done for my boys program and Josh in particular. He is 9 and was 8th in the 10 year old group and #1 Ranked 9 year old in the country! Thanks Again Coach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s849fIXBAbc&feature=share

• Upvote 6

Daniel Burnham

Looking very good! Seems that you have addressed the basics very well!  Look forward to seeing more progress.

Where is your gym located?

Also I know my gym personally does not try and participate in future stars.  Is there great benefit in doing so?

Connor Davies

Kids good! 

It always weirds me out seeing children that are more ripped than I am.

Also that german hang style stretch on the floor, I had no idea shoulders could stretch that far.  Looks like I'm going to have to step up my stretching.

Congratulations, Mark. The US Sr, Jr and Developmental Teams are some of the most advanced in the world and earning a team slot is quite an accomplishment.

Thoughts:

I was especially impressed with his back swing on rings. Very nicely done.

I do encourage you to continue refining Josh's basic circle. Currently he is consistently late counter rotating his hips at the 3/4 mark of his circles. This is workable now while on leather, but will later become a larger issue on single pommel circles and a very large issue during single pommel flop work if left unrefined.

Do not be overly stressed about this. This is not due to an error in your part, but merely a natural part of the maturation of his circle over the coming years.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2