This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE 1 mobility question

Started by Destiny, November 14, 2013 · 59 Replies · 3,375 Views

Jon Douglas
RiQC said:

How often can one do this IM? Im so close but still don't quite get there. Can I do it daily in my other training? Is it safe?

I do it daily 1*10 with 10kg as warmup for bridges. No sweat once the mobility is there.

Riku Calderón

Okey. Im pretty pissed cause no one has done this before :)

I know im not even close. But just tell me is first or second the right way?

I think the first is what is in the video. And second is what Jon said it shoud look like. But what to I know :) just really want to get this done cause the PE1 itself is a rest now for me.

Adriano Augusto

Second one. It's "flexion". If you try HS/PE5 you'll know what you've to supposed to feel on iM2. 

 

I've done wrong all this months too, it's quite different "dislocate" to not dislocate and try to bring the arms behind you without externally rotate the shoulders. 

Riku Calderón

Now you messed my head with 5 and 2. What?! That was totally differend thinkg right and you just try to help to make the 2 correct from the start. Right?

Bipocni
Riku Calderón said:

Now you messed my head with 5 and 2. What?! That was totally different thinking right and you just try to help to make the 2 correct from the start. Right?

Just.... Just do the second one.  Okay?

Christian

We did these at the London seminar. Adriano is right. Do the second one, try to lean more and pull the ribs in.

Adriano Augusto
Christian said:

We did these at the London seminar. Adriano is right. Do the second one, try to lean more and pull the ribs in.

What is the goal at the end? Having both arms straight behind the bead? I know that the iM pourpose is improving flexion past 180, but how much?

 

Thanks Christian. 

Christian

The way it was explained is that the arms should be in a fully open HS position. While you push up and pull back. Lean forward and keep the ribs in. I had been doing them wrong and this way just fried my traps.

Niklas03
Adriano Flo said:

Second one. It's "flexion". If you try HS/PE5 you'll know what you've to supposed to feel on iM2. 

 

I've done wrong all this months too, it's quite different "dislocate" to not dislocate and try to bring the arms behind you without externally rotate the shoulders. 

You are internally rotating the shoulders when dislocating. In fact, a good que to not fall into a dislocate would be to ever so slightly externally rotate the shoulders during the flexion movement in iM1, iM3, iM5 and iM6. Think thumbs or elbow pit toward the head in an overhead position for external rotation The opposite happens in disclocations = internal rotation. With an arms straight to the sides position it would be thumbs backwards and elbow pit up for external rotation of the humerus (upper arm). Anatomical terms can easily get confused in complex movements.

Jon Douglas

Man, I took these for granted back then :( I gained the mobility and strength, then developed bad habits and lost it >.<

I'm back up to a correct 5kg on these now, after a months careful working, but my ribs tend to rise if I go heavier. At least regaining is FAR faster and easier than building it the first time :)