Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would Handstand One Benefit Yuri Marmerstein or Mikael Kristiansen?

Would they find any of the exercises (PE, SE, or Mobility) useful? Or have they already achieved a level to where it would not really affect them?

Douglas Wadle

I highly doubt it. If you can already perform a 2 minute handstand with nice lines then i cant' imagine you'd get much from HS1. Of course, only they could answer this question.

Christian Sørlie

Since they might not have bought it there is no way they will read this thread and we will never find out.

Of course if they do answer, it means they bought it and that sorta answers your question right there :)

I'm sure they could find one or two (or more) exercises useful, but I doubt it would be worth buying for them. They don't really have the common mobility issues and they're way past a two-minute handstand.

Craig Mallett

My guess is that they've already done most if not all of what's in H1 to achieve what they have achieved, and I imagine they still regularly use some of the exercises (such as weighted dislocates) as part of their warm up/prehab routine.

Mikael Kristiansen

Though I havent looked thoroughly through it, im sure there are things to learn, at least when it comes to mobillity exercises, coaching others, programming, etc. There is no perfect method, and one can only learn more perspectives.

Of course both me and Yuri have moved way past 2 min freestanding hs both technically and endurance wise. The complexity ramps up tenfolds when you move on to 1 arm handstands and variations, so you have to have the 2 arm stuff under a very high level of control.

I have of course learned differently due to my background as a bboy who did circus school to become a balancer. I remember my first handstand lesson 6 years ago I 40 second on 2 arms was the best I managed with pretty bad form. I could do 1 hand hops at that time though so my awareness on my hands was decent. The guy who coached me just shaked his head when i wanted to show him my "1 arm" haha. He knew what I had to learn and I went with learning everything again and im extremely happy I did.

• Like 1

yuri marmerstein

Likewise, H1 is a good perspective. It differs a bit from the process I use to teach handstands but there is definitely some overlap and similarities between H1 and my system.  It is good for there to be different methods available to people since developing the handstand is a very individual goal.  

In my early days I learned the balance first and developed the alignment and refinement a lot later in the process.  I don't think I ever progressed from a wall handstand, I just kind of kicked up and tried my best not to fall.  After many attempts and mistakes I learned walking and balance with poor alignment.  

The way I teach it it a much smarter way of learning both the alignment and the balance that anyone can follow.  You get to learn from my mistakes.  

I am beyond the actual skill work in H1(2 minute HS hold on two arms is a bit boring to me), but I do find some of the mobility elements useful(such as weighted dislocates).  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

First time posting. 

Personally I'm able to hold up to 5+ minute freestanding but I still find H1 helpful in covering certain areas of my HS.

That mastery level of 5 x 2min is still beyond me though

• 2 weeks later...
Connor Davies

No, just drugs.

Don't forget all that performance enhancing chemotherapy.  Man, I gotta get my hands on some of that...

• Upvote 1