This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What schedule do you do?

Started by Jasper, October 17, 2013 · 59 Replies · 1,952 Views

Murray Truelove

I'm looking forward to M1 more than F3/4 and R1 as it's the only one I could actually do right now. My only concern is if there are any jumping elements - I rent and doubt my neighbors would be as enthusiastic about my new health regime as me.

Jennifer

I'm discovering that I need to stay parked at week 6 for 2 of the elements while feeling confident that I will be able to move forward with the other 5 next week.   In terms of the scheduler,  if I choose "Fine Tune Microcyle"   does that change every element including HS to the microcycle schedule?

Keilani Gutierrez
Jennifer said:

I'm discovering that I need to stay parked at week 6 for 2 of the elements while feeling confident that I will be able to move forward with the other 5 next week.   In terms of the scheduler,  if I choose "Fine Tune Microcyle"   does that change every element including HS to the microcycle schedule?

it bumps +1 to anything on the particular window you're on, from what i have understood. so if you're doing H1 + F1 it will bump that, if you're doing F1 or H1 standalone, it will only bump that.

Keilani Gutierrez
ausswe said:

I'm very keen on the movement series but I just have no idea how ill eventually be able to incorporate foundation rings movement and handstands into my training for the week and I have rock climbing on top of that! Although h1 is still more warm up for me ATM and I have switched to 4 day foundation split as it just seems like the best bang for buck. I have noticed many people saying the same thing.

scheduling options were given to F1 + H1 integration, i don't doubt in the least that Coach + Cory will include a schedule integration not only in the program but in the workout scheduler to keep things manageable for those doing all three programs at once + Rings, when it comes out

Ravn

I thought about doing a schedule of two days training, one day off. I realise that this means that workouts will be on different days each week, but for some people, e.g. myself, this is not necessarily a problem. How does that sound?

 

Day 1: FL, sPL, HBP, RC + H1

Day 2: SL, MN, SLS

Day 3: Rest

-Repeat

Jasper
Ravn said:

How does that sound?

Sounds good to me. But how about having 2 days off together at the end of the week perhaps, as a treat.
So:
Monday: FL, sPL, HBP, RC + H1
Tuesday: SL, MN, SLS
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: FL, sPL, HBP, RC + H1
Friday: SL, MN, SLS
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest
 
I like to do that as I like a drink on a Friday and Saturday night! Although at the moment I'm actually doing:
Monday: FL, sPL, SL
Tuesday: MN, HBP, RC
Wednesday: H1
Thursday: FL, sPL, SL
Friday: MN, HBP, RC
Saturday: H1
Sunday: Rest
 
Because H1 is quite low intensity for me at the moment.
Ravn

Good suggestion, although I try to avoid rest days in a row. Mental issues, y'know... ;-)

Jon Douglas
Ravn said:

Good suggestion, although I try to avoid rest days in a row. Mental issues, y'know... ;-)

Damn, I hate rest days >.<

Stephen Majerle

I recently switched from the 4-day split to the 3-day split, and my workouts immediately became more productive. So don't overlook the 3-day split as an option. I run on the other four "rest" days so I still get to workout everyday.

Michael Taylor

Ravn, I have used the two-on one-off split since I began Foundation many months ago

It has worked out great for me, as I work shifts and some weekends so have no preferred training days

Occasionally I drop in an extra rest day when life gets in the way, but infrequently and this seems to benefit and not detract!

I also put H1 with the second (shorter) F1 session, often doing it as it's own mini workout at a different time if the day

One benefit of this split is that those microcycles slip past just that little bit sooner...!