Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted Bar for H1

Yianni Stathopoulos

Yianni Stathopoulos

Hey there guys. I'm looking into purchasing a weighted bar for a lot of the mobility drills in H1. I found this very simple one on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Body-Bar-3-Pounds-Weighted-4-Feet/dp/B001TJNF94/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1381497383&sr=8-28&keywords=weighted+bar . 

Do you guys think this one will work well? Do you have any other suggestions? Id like to keep the price at $25 or under. I'm open to trying to make my own but I don't have access to many supplies. 

Thanks!

Douglas Wadle

or just go to the local hardware store and buy a 1" iron pipe, 5 ft long, for 10 bucks. weighs 5#. Can easily add on 1" plates for more weight. I spent a couple extra bucks and got the screw on end-caps as well which will keep the weights from sliding off and keep bugs from making a home inside the bar.

• Upvote 2

Josh Schmitter

or just go to the local hardware store and buy a 1" iron pipe, 5 ft long, for 10 bucks. weighs 5#. Can easily add on 1" plates for more weight. I spent a couple extra bucks and got the screw on end-caps as well which will keep the weights from sliding off and keep bugs from making a home inside the bar.

You might save a few bucks on weights if the bugs are big or plentiful enough.

Matthew Proulx

I had this very same Idea, I used to work in gasfitting and have tons of this material. A lot of my DIY projects are made from gaspipe. Cheap and indestructable.

Yianni Stathopoulos

Good call. I'll see if I can find it! Thanks for the idea.