Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Equipment

Guest Burtchell345

Guest Burtchell345

So, the gym I workout is closing down, and I'm in need of a place or something to use to hang my rings on... I live in a city and there are barely any trees, the parks are all made for kids around 2-4ft tall, and other gyms here want year contracts when I leave for basic in 3 months. I'm looking at designing a PVC pipe type set up that will be a complete square with 2 poles of 8-9', legs that go out 2-3' to connect to more poles that end up making 4-5' tall base for P-bars for dips. I plan on clamping it down to a piece of plywood, weighing the wood down with an old semi truck trailer's tire drum. Any tips? I'm not exactly a builder or anything, but it's just an idea I got based off making my own parrelettes.

Connor Davies

Clever enough design.  My own idea is more of a rotation of the standard monkey bars, with the ladder on the side and the P-bars on top.  A cross bar is included to create a neat set of stall bars.  The whole thing would work as stall bars, parallel bars and a pullup bar, as well as somewhere to hang short rings off.  I figure if I make the P-bars long enough I should be able to train flags off it as well.

• Upvote 1

Clever enough design.  My own idea is more of a rotation of the standard monkey bars, with the ladder on the side and the P-bars on top.  A cross bar is included to create a neat set of stall bars.  The whole thing would work as stall bars, parallel bars and a pullup bar, as well as somewhere to hang short rings off.  I figure if I make the P-bars long enough I should be able to train flags off it as well.

I was thinking about something like that; like the standard Crossfit-style square bar coming off the wall, ladder up one side, Pbars on top.

This is kind of a permanent-style solution though, doesnt suit my current lifestyle ^_^

Connor Davies

I was thinking about something like that; like the standard Crossfit-style square bar coming off the wall, ladder up one side, Pbars on top.

This is kind of a permanent-style solution though, doesnt suit my current lifestyle ^_^

I figured it would be collapseable somehow, so you could move it from place to place.  I haven't really worked out all the details.