Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Increase in mobility with cold showers?

Rachid Tahri

Rachid Tahri

Lately I've been experimenting with taking cold showers for quicker recovery. I learned that after a cold shower my mobility (especially in my upper body) increases for a brief while! This sound off coarse absurd since the mainstream believe is that flexibility increases the more you're warmed up, but I am not talking about (passive) flexibility!

An example: the lower traps do a lot of work in overhead motion of the arm. After a cold shower I notice that they seem much more power full and I can pull my shoulders more back/vertical!

Does anybody here have this similar experience? If not try taking (only) a cold shower for 5 min and put the arms overhead (with ribs in, to feel the traps working extra hard) after this. I'm curious about your experiences!

Herrick Fang

Cold showers have a lot of benefits. I went through that phase this summer, and I noticed that my resting Heart Rate dropped form 65BPM -> 55BPM. You definitely feel refreshed after the cold shower! I also remember that I felt like recovery was quicker.

• Upvote 1