title says all
Do you need to complete F1 to do H1?
Started by Junkyard, September 23, 2013 · 6 Replies · 4,117 Views
No, F1 and H1 are best trained simultaneously.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Both F1 and H1 are stand-alone products that anyone can get started with. Depending on your interests, you can just do F1, or just do H1 - or, to get the most well-rounded introduction to gymnastic strength (so far), get them both and start them at the same time. Personally, I think of F1 as seven movements and H1 as an "eighth" movement. Every other day I do four F1 movements, and the other days I do three F1 movements with the H1 element - both 3x/week with a rest day on Sunday.
I'd get down with both but I have a chaotic married father life and train outside where my training time is screwed by rain a lot of the time. Getting into a complex strict routine just leads to a lot of frustration and injuries. Learned the hard way.
Junkyard said:I'd get down with both but I have a chaotic married father life and train outside where my training time is screwed by rain a lot of the time. Getting into a complex strict routine just leads to a lot of frustration and injuries. Learned the hard way.
I literally only NEED a yoga mat, my rings, a dumbbell and a stick to hand an ankle weight from to do my F1 and H1 workout.
it's very condensed, no BS, on H1 you work on your wrist/forearm/elbow prehab, then onto the bulk of the workout which depending on your level will take close to nothing.
with F1, you'll need some gear that is easy to substitute but that is only after a certain PE level.
edit: I'd do both simultaenously as Coach suggested as well. when you see the programming and see the weaving of Strength + Mobility, you'll understand why you want to do both at the same time.
If I can only workout 3 days of a week, can I still do F1 and H1 together? Would it increase the training period by a lot?
I do full body weight lifting 1 day/week and 3 to 4 brief HIIT sessions per week. So, I can't really afford to do more than 3 days/week for gymnastics.
I am currently on my 5th week of F1 and enjoying it tremendously so far- except when I am doing ABH and stiff leg windmills which make me
at the coach.
you absolutely can, you just need to assess what is your highest strategic value. if it's doig a certain activity, you'll get better at simply doing it. if it's strength + endurance + active flexibility, then i'd just look at the most stream lined and non-redundant routine to get you there.
and once you have that figured out, you need to factor in your recovery. 3 days a week can be too little or too much, depending on where you are in your training, be it Foundation or Handstands.
you might think that 3 days of handstands is too little, but as soon as you factor in the recovery of your wrists AND how a handstand feels once you're stacked and have a good line, you will be blown away by how tiring it can be, if your body has never done that before.