William said:Thanks for your sentences.
So what looks a general stretching routine beside F1 for you? I never got real answers to a standard-all around-warmup here via search. need some foundation about that, i guess.
this is my general warm up before starting to workout
Joint circles-full body
standing hip circles-10 reps
forearm nerve gliding-5 rep per position
german arm swing-10 rep
neck ROM(flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation)-5 reps each
cat cow-5 rep
swivel hips-10 rep
Pike Compression-10 pulses
straddle compressions-10 outside circles
Prone leg extension pulse-10 reps
Skiers-10 rep
(it isn't perfect and as i learn more about the movements, i change it up)
I try to aim to do iM's that target everywhere, i start from the top and move my way down and sometimes change the order to depending on how im feeling mentally at that moment, so i'll mix it up.
as for stretching, I try to focus on the problem areas that i've identified(since my crappiest PE is Arch body Hold, on those days, ill do a hip flexor stretch for 5x30 and then do an iM of my choosing[i started doing undergrip dislocates to balance my overgrip dislocate work, for ex]
as for the one's i haven't discovered, I just keep going until at some point during my reading or training I'll notice a particular area and see if either 1. an iM targets it, 2. Kit has a stretch for it(so i'll first go to his youtube channel and/or go to his book for reference.)
I have a theory....that for example, my deficit in piriformis mobility (which affects mn iM's, sPL iM's, SLS ROM) can be targeted with mastering SLS iM1 and then SLS iM2(because twisting squat there's an element of raising your body with external rotation of the Femur and then the negative) (disclaimer: this is only a theory, so we'll see how it holds up in the lab
I already finished SLSPE1 mastery, so maybe after beginning and refining SLS/PE2, there should be mobility jumps in my piriformis. let's wait and see
so some mobility "gaps" in your F1 work can be targeted by a later progression in either the form of a PE/SE or the associated iM.
there's actually a cool thread in Kit's Forum of someone posting what to work on in terms of ST(Stretch Therapy) to work in tandem with the F1 PE/SE and iM.
here's the link, it was an illuminating read: http://kitlaughlin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/187-gymnastic-bodies-and-stretch-therapy-getting-the-most-benefit/page__hl__%2Bgb+%2Bseminar
enjoy ![]()