Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Interesting looking chin ups

Kate Abernethy

Kate Abernethy

Hello,

I have run out of ideas on how to make 10 strict form chin ups for the GB youtube compilation interesting. Going up and down 10 times looks boring.

Does anybody have any decent ideas? 

Remember, it's for a global market!  :(

Thanks,

LateStarter@46

IMHO you can't make normal chin-ups look interesting. It's just a basic exercise and since the recent "street workout boom" people want to see more impressive strength/skill work than normal chin-ups, push-ups, etc.

Maybe if you weigh 150kg, because people don't think it is possible to do chin-ups when you're heavy and use it as excuse for being weak and lazy :D

You can try doing headbanger pull-ups/chin-ups like some street workout athletes do. They are a front lever pull variation with reduced ROM. Basically, you flex and extend your arms per rep while keeping your head leveled with the bar so you will look like you are going horizontally back and forth rather than up and down like a normal pull-up.

Maybe include a cat somewhere. What? You said global market!

Matter of fact there was a pup watching her the whole time :)

Hmm. Mix grips, particularly with a dramatic jumping switch if possible ( if your pullup bar can deal with that)?

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) ( if your pullup bar can deal with that)?

.................Most especially if you pullup bar cannot deal with it! :)

:D

Kate Abernethy

Now you're talking!

Thanks for the ideas - I'm thinking of doing a reel of variations, starting with a chin up, then a head banger followed by the slidy things (move from side to side), a finger assisted OAC on each arm, a spin round the bar, ending with a jumping grip switch and getting the dog to bark approval. 

Will be doing the head bangers and slidy things for the first time, so am hoping beginner's courage will get me through them.

Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

Now you're talking!

Thanks for the ideas - I'm thinking of doing a reel of variations, starting with a chin up, then a head banger followed by the slidy things (move from side to side), a finger assisted OAC on each arm, a spin round the bar, ending with a jumping grip switch and getting the dog to bark approval. 

Will be doing the head bangers and slidy things for the first time, so am hoping beginner's courage will get me through them.

Thanks again.

may the force be with you B-)

Bill Köhntopp

Get an attractive woman to do the chin ups topless. Shoot the video over the shoulder.

nothing to add.

i do. she already is an attractive woman. :P #highfivelatestarter

I thought nudity might get a mention at some point! Tuts :-)

#highfiveniceguyKeilaniG

Aww, you guys are cute :)

do these chin ups  not on a normal trainingplace, search for a special place ;)

I saw a guy do chinups off a crane on top of a skyscraper.  That was pretty intense.

Bill Köhntopp

I saw a guy do chinups off a crane on top of a skyscraper.  That was pretty intense.

Yeah, wanted to post the vid about those guys, but couldn't find it. I remember those guys were from Russia.

I thought nudity might get a mention at some point! Tuts :-)

#highfiveniceguyKeilaniG

I thought about moderating that, but knew you were more than capable of smacking down anyone on your own ;)

Edit;

Oh hey, PS. guys. I'm a mod now too :)

• Upvote 3

Kate Abernethy

Great to have you as an ace Mod Jon  :)

Tried out my submission-to-be this morning, the scariest thing was the jumping grip switch. Wouldn't like to do that on a crane off a skyscraper. I'll submit once I've tidied up the flailing about bits - the plastic surgery will have to wait though  ;)

Yeah, wanted to post the vid about those guys, but couldn't find it. I remember those guys were from Russia.

They're always russian.  It's like, "oh, someone doing something badass?  Must be russian..."

Bill Köhntopp

They're always russian.  It's like, "oh, someone doing something badass?  Must be russian..."

Are You American? :D

• Upvote 1

Always Russian from one thing to the next... heh.

Great to have you as an ace Mod Jon  :)

Tried out my submission-to-be this morning, the scariest thing was the jumping grip switch. Wouldn't like to do that on a crane off a skyscraper. I'll submit once I've tidied up the flailing about bits - the plastic surgery will have to wait though  ;)

I spend enough time on here that I might as well be productive, one figures!

Looking forward to seeing this video now that you've built it up!