Hello All,
I have not found much info on Korean dips.
I have been using BtGB for around 4 months now. I am facing a problem with Korean dips. I can hang at the bottom position, but halfway through the push the bar hits my mid-low back. I can easily do ring dips, but have postponed working them or moving to Bulgarian Rings dips because I am concerned this is a necessary step to master for balance and joint health. I was able to do a back lever rather easily for a first try. I mention this because the bottom position seems related.
I was a heavy bench presser for a long time, my shoulder flexibility is intermediate for my height, weight and shoulder width (5'8, 196 lbs 22 inches) and has been improving, and I have a very thick torso with intermediate flexibility also. I can do a back bridge, but it isn't pretty. Also I still have some joint issues and a couple of serious old injuries that I would like to avoid aggravating so I haven't been too daring in attempting a very dynamic rep.
I write all this to give the reader information so that he/she can advise me the following questions.
1. Is my build a primary limiting factor or is it my flexibility.
2. Are Korean dips a necessary step before progressing to harder variations.
3. If yes how can I develop this skill when the primary issue does not seem to be strength and passive stretching is not effective, I was never very flexible in the shoulders even before lifting weights.
Thank you.