Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder Press HS to develope Press HS

Spanyard

Hi, I was thinking about developing first shoulder press hs to help me on normal press hs. Im quite efficient on RLL, can do them straddle or pike, 3 sets of 8 reps with only 3 fingers of each hand touching the floor for balance, but press HS still beeing really hard for me. I also think I have not enough flexibility in my hams, so thats why I though about the straddle shoulder press HS first. What u guys think about it? Thanks :)

I think he means like press to shoulderstand on PB or rings. Basically pushing the hips as high as possible, then bending at the arms to get the hips above the shoulders.

I say work on handstand on wall lower to straddle stand as a negative or press to HS with the shoulders on the wall. Press to shoulderstand is still a good skill to work on PB and SR.

matthew.percussion

Oh, I get it.

Yea, what I've always been told(on these forums) is to do your presses against a wall.

My coach makes me do press to shoulderstand on rings a lot. He says to bend the arms as little as possible so that eventually it will be like a bent arm press to HS.

Yes thats it, as I think I havent enough flexibility to put hips above shoulders in the starting position. I have been working on negatives, but usually my head touches the wall, what I've read is not correct, thats why I was asking for the bent arm press. Thanks you all guys :)