Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xtreme Rings: How to attach rings to straps?

Shaf

Attaching the Xtreme Rings to the Straps

I have used these for so many years, that I sometimes forget that they can be confusing for first time users.

Actually, the rings will be quite simple to set up. First place the strap over whatever overhead support you are going to be hanging the rings from (chinning bar, smith machine, playground equipment, tree branch etc). Now simply run one end of the strap through the center of a ring and then insert the end of the strap through the back of the cam buckle and out the front. Now adjust the rings to the needed height and you are ready to begin training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

George Launchbury

Another tip (depending on the colour of your straps) is to mark common settings for different exercises (pullups, dips, pressups, etc.) with a pen. I find it really helps with speed of setting up (especially getting the heights to match) and changing between exercises.

I haven't tried it (because I'm not bothered) but I guess you could use washable pen, in case you move house and want to get rid of the old marks because your new garage roof is a different height!?

Cheers,

George.

Adjusting Ring Height

To adjust the rings so that they are both the same height, I recommend setting them so that they appear to be approximately the same and then fine tuning them by pulling the rings together into the center space between the two straps and adjusting one of the rings up or down as needed. To compare the heights, I use the bottom of the rings for my comparison. It may take several small adjustments until you are satisfied.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 1 month later...
Another tip (depending on the colour of your straps) is to mark common settings for different exercises (pullups, dips, pressups, etc.) with a pen. I find it really helps with speed of setting up (especially getting the heights to match) and changing between exercises.

I haven't tried it (because I'm not bothered) but I guess you could use washable pen, in case you move house and want to get rid of the old marks because your new garage roof is a different height!?

Cheers,

George.

hmm I was going to order the black rings (since I think that they look cooler than the gold), but now that I read this I'm thinking that maybe it would be wise to go with the gold instead :? Does anyone have any ideas on how you could mark the black straps ?

Also, do the gold straps really look gold, or more of an off-white color? they look off-white to me in the pictures on this site, but it can be hard to tell from a picture.

George Launchbury

Maybe a dot of white paint? If you want to reposition your marks (change where you hang them, etc) ...you can just colour over them with black marker!?

Cheers,

George.

Yeah you could use spray paint and a thin band of a stencil for neatness. Do it color coded for different exercises 8)

I think I found just the right thing......Liquid Paper/White Out. I took a black nylon strap from a guitar case and put a dab of white out on it. It's easy to see and if you scratch it hard enough with your finger nail and use a bit of water it comes off fairly well too, although not completely.

• 1 year later...

What would be the max height that the straps can manage? i.e. From support structure to ring (not including a persons personal height & reach)?