Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multivitamin

Murray Truelove

Murray Truelove

I recently placed an order and received as a "mystery gift" these multivitamins (please excuse the stupid name) http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/alpha-men/10530421.html

I eat at least 2 MC (Metric craptons!) of vegetables a day and have a generally "whole foods" diet. Are these supplements a waste of time and are the recommended doses reasonable? 

Thanks,

Murrray

Joel Tomkins

Well at first amounts like 5000% of RDI for B12 seem like a lot - the kind of unnaturally high doses that can have negative effects. But on checking out the Tolerable Upper Limits (TUL) of those vitamins it seems to be ok. 

I probably wouldn't take them for the vitamins and minerals but maybe for the extracts and other ingredients like Ginkgo Bilboa, Ginseng, CoQ10, that you probably aren't already ingesting with your normal diet. 

Any benefit is going to be minimal if you are already eating a lot of vegetables though!

Josh Schmitter

Personally I take them every now and again. I think it's near impossible to get everything you need in optimal levels from diet alone these days...from actual food choices to the lowering of minerals in the soil from crappy farming practices. I probably take them 2-3 times a week, not on the same days I have liver. That should balance out some of the super high levels as well.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.