Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cool site

Patrick Patterson

Patrick Patterson

In the interest of staying well-rounded and open to new/conficting ideas I found a great website/author recently:

http://180degreehealth.com

A good well-rounded approach to health and nutrition, I can recommend his books as well. Great for recovering grainaphobes/carbaphobes like myself.

Josh Schmitter

I was tempted to say something similar. You can check out the stuff on freetheanimal.com regarding the author of said site doing a lot of flip flopping and saying some pretty ridiculous stuff.

Patrick Patterson

"grainaphobes/carbaphobes"

Good to know. I will avoid all content made by that author.

(edited from a previous post)

Sorry, gravy, I don't undetstand your comment. Just because I personally admit to being a former-carbaphobe who is trying to move beyond that, therefore you should avoid out-of-hand anything written by the authors of the website I mention? Or did I misunderstand you?

Patrick Patterson

I was tempted to say something similar. You can check out the stuff on freetheanimal.com regarding the author of said site doing a lot of flip flopping and saying some pretty ridiculous stuff.

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out, too... as I'm interested in exploring opposing viewpoints and critiques of everything, including everything on the 180degreehealth site.

Regardless, I shared the link as I think that the overall discussion on the site might be of interest to those of us here, and actually conforms to a lot of what is discussed here on our forum, and Joshua's takes on carbs and even the role of sodium in hydration. Also I like the focus on paying attention to basic feedback your body gives, as well as your metabolism, over getting stuck on macros, calories, supplements, avoiding certain foods, etc...

• Upvote 1

Patrick Patterson

Yeah, it isn't all garbage, I've just been able to find all the things of interest to me there in other places, presented better. Here's one of the posts from freetheanimal: http://freetheanimal.com/2010/03/poor-poor-matt-stone.html.

Interesting. I haven't checked out that freetheanimal site for a while. It's unfortunate to see heads of different "camps" exchanging insults back and forth like that, but hey... that's what the internet is for (sometimes). Seems Matt is not immune to that. Oh well. However I have found some usefulness in his ideas so far, and am keeping an open mind about it all, seeing what it does for me and how my body responds.

You mentioned finding the things of interest in other places, presented better... where?

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.