• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

USA Championships - Mens Day 1

Coach Sommer

Piotr Ochocki

'do you hear the commentary?

yes

The way they show high bar (constantly flipping camera up and down) makes it difficult to watch, somebody show them how to zoom out or find them wider angle lens.

Coach Sommer

Rough first three events and then settled down on the second three.  Allan was trying too hard in the beginning of the meet.

We will do some problem solving tomorrow in training and then try again on Sunday!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Watched the web cast yesterday and I must say I think Allens style (toepoint, legstogether etc) was realy nice compared to alot of the other guys. Lets hope he can avoid the falls on sunday. 

Daniel Burnham

Repeat. For theist part they stay the same. Sometime they will tweak them by adding their more difficult skills if they need to take a chance or they may water them down if they need better execution.

Alessandro Mainente

i've heard some intelligent words from paul hamm at the beginning

"At those years athletes usually started to train some serious strength elements on the rings like crosses or maltese so probably you will see some of them. Their coaches have to be careful to not pushes they athletes too quickly and prematurely over straight arms elements to avoid damages on their bodies."

Coach Sommer

Thank you.  

If he can manage to relax, get out of his own way and trust himself; he will be fine.  Friday he was simply trying too hard.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alessandro Mainente

I wasn't able to manage the stress in a simple test with my team , i can't imagine the stress in these competitions!

Good luck!  :)  :)

Coach Sommer

I wasn't able to manage the stress in a simple test with my team , i can't imagine the stress in these competitions!

Good luck!  :)  :)

Good point.  The pressure at this level of competition is indeed enormous.  In fact for most people the stress levels involved would be literally unimaginable.  Hence the proficiency of an individual's stress management skills are a crucial factor in whether or not they will be successful. 

To put it quite simply; champions are able to not only survive, but to excel in highly stressful environments that would cause most regular people to have a nervous breakdown, let alone be able to perform the most intricate acrobatics that the human body is capable of.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) If he can manage to relax, get out of his own way and trust himself; he will be fine (...)

hehe, at that level, that's the hard part, isn't it? :)

Good luck to Allan