This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

quick question on PE2 for single leg squats

Started by Felix Schreiter, August 12, 2013 · 13 Replies · 431 Views

Felix Schreiter

Hey guys,

quick question:

when it says 3x2 for PE2 of single leg squats, does it man 2 reps per leg or 2 reps in total (one right leg on left leg)? I was not sure because you use both legs all the time. some clarification would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Keegan Y

For SLS PE2: when it lists the reps it means total reps.

So the mastery of 5 sets of 10 reps means 5 sets of 10 total reps (5 on each leg).

dasede
Keegan Y said:

For SLS PE2: when it lists the reps it means total reps.

So the mastery of 5 sets of 10 reps means 5 sets of 10 total reps (5 on each leg).

Are you sure? According to the 10 rep mastery table, you would be doing one more rep with your starting leg on deload weeks if it meant total reps. Also that would be too easy, I think.

 

I am on week 7 right now doing 5x6 with each leg. Apparently I have already mastered this even though I thought I still had one micro cycle to go :o

Keegan Y

I had thought that it meant 10 reps with each leg too and got all the way to week 9 before realizing that it was actually 10 reps total.

FredInChina
dasede said:

Are you sure? According to the 10 rep mastery table, you would be doing one more rep with your starting leg on deload weeks if it meant total reps. Also that would be too easy, I think.

 

HAHAHA... yes, you are correct! I think you've found a gremlin. :)

It is either 10 reps per leg (as some of us have done), or the rep scheme for deload weeks is off.

 

Unless you are supposed to do 3 or 5 reps alternatively starting on the right or the left leg from set to set...

MT Nordic

on unilateral moves the rep scheme is for each side i believe. hawaiian squats list 5x5r, which obviously is 5 each side. cossack squats lists 5x10r, so i would interpret that as 10 per side. same thing with the subsequent side squats and speed skaters. For squats, the volume isnt really the challenging aspect, it's more the movement, mobility, and balance, so i wouldn't expect there to be a substantial prolonging of your progress regardless of whether it's 5 or 10. And, as fred said, the programming only makes sense if it's per side...

Keegan Y
MT Nordic said:

on unilateral moves the rep scheme is for each side i believe. hawaiian squats list 5x5r, which obviously is 5 each side. cossack squats lists 5x10r, so i would interpret that as 10 per side. same thing with the subsequent side squats and speed skaters. For squats, the volume isnt really the challenging aspect, it's more the movement, mobility, and balance, so i wouldn't expect there to be a substantial prolonging of your progress regardless of whether it's 5 or 10. And, as fred said, the programming only makes sense if it's per side...

Doh! Yeah, that totally makes sense, sorry missed that one.

Jon Douglas
dasede said:

. Also that would be too easy, I think.

 

That's probably the giveaway there...

m6shifter

 I stuck with a both sides = 1 rep      feels a lot better this way. Nice good stretch. :D

trw

 

- On those particular elements each leg worked counts as a single rep.  Thus for Cossack Squats a set of 10r would be comprised of 5r performed for each leg.

 

- Note that it is not only the overall number of reps involved, but also that these are single leg variations with higher loads and higher levels of neuromuscular activation than the Deck Squats.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

From this thread: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10046-slspe2-and-pe3-reps/

 

It does feel very easy relative to everything else. I was curious about the deload reps as well. In the end I decided to use 5x6 reps for week 12 deload, to keep it even.

Keegan Y

Ok, then I was right. Thought I had remembered reading that somewhere but didn't remember where so didn't want to go blaming anyone else if I misspoke. Seeing as how Coach confirmed it though we can rest assured.

FredInChina
Keegan Y said:

(...) Seeing as how Coach confirmed it though we can rest assured.

 

That leaves the issue of the imbalance during deload that feels like a diffuse sore spot in my backside...

Must be the Engineer in me :P

gohei_
FredInChina said:

Must be the Engineer in me :P

Wait, you're one of those who created mankind??  :o