Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was reading up on some different eating schedules and...

Quick Start Test Smith

Quick Start Test Smith

Okay, so I'm about to move to a place right outside my new university to study this Fall, and I'm calculating all the money things (food, gas, living, etc). As a part of this, I'm getting a general idea of how I'm going to eat while studying and working there.

Obviously the priority is to maintain protein pulses throughout the day with plenty of veggies, but I was interested in exploring the various ways other people eat as well.

I found this t-nation article by Christian Thibaudeau who is well respected on the net (for what that is worth), and thought it looked interesting.... until I realized it was just another advertisement for MAG-10. I don't want to hate on T-nation, but I wasn't surprised that they would have yet another article about eating that includes spending more than $55 a month on one of their supplements--although it would be closer to $100 if you used as much as they recommend. Too bad yet another diet article turns into a sales pitch. :\

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

Okay, so I'm about to move to a place right outside my new university to study this Fall, and I'm calculating all the money things (food, gas, living, etc). As a part of this, I'm getting a general idea of how I'm going to eat while studying and working there.

Obviously the priority is to maintain protein pulses throughout the day with plenty of veggies, but I was interested in exploring the various ways other people eat as well.

I found this t-nation article by Christian Thibaudeau who is well respected on the net (for what that is worth), and thought it looked interesting.... until I realized it was just another advertisement for MAG-10. I don't want to hate on T-nation, but I wasn't surprised that they would have yet another article about eating that includes spending more than $55 a month on one of their supplements--although it would be closer to $100 if you used as much as they recommend. Too bad yet another diet article turns into a sales pitch. :\

lame. 

I've been playing around with carb doses. apparently, i get a little chunkier with as much carbs as im eating but i dont know if thats residual metabolic damage due to undereating for so long or if such a thing exists. 

I'm familiar with the psychology with wanting to "keep things to yourself and not letting it go away" and being stingy but im not being hoarder with the food. hmm...how bizarre.

I'm being very precise with the proteins and veggies but the way my body behaves on carbs are fusing-con me. :huh:

Quick Start Test Smith

lame. 

I've been playing around with carb doses. apparently, i get a little chunkier with as much carbs as im eating but i dont know if thats residual metabolic damage due to undereating for so long or if such a thing exists. 

I'm familiar with the psychology with wanting to "keep things to yourself and not letting it go away" and being stingy but im not being hoarder with the food. hmm...how bizarre.

I'm being very precise with the proteins and veggies but the way my body behaves on carbs are fusing-con me. :huh:

Yeah, I can't believe he actually thinks it's the feast/fast that's doing the main work when he's taking about $10-25 worth of supplements every day...

Cutting carbs a bit seems to a pretty commonly helpful thing to do to cut weight. Maybe just try lowering them 20-50 grams and see how you feel/perform? You might just be getting too much. I get a bit chunky when I'm eating too many carbs as well.

Keilani Gutierrez

Yeah, I can't believe he actually thinks it's the feast/fast that's doing the main work when he's taking about $10-25 worth of supplements every day...

Cutting carbs a bit seems to a pretty commonly helpful thing to do to cut weight. Maybe just try lowering them 20-50 grams and see how you feel/perform? You might just be getting too much. I get a bit chunky when I'm eating too many carbs as well.

i've been sticking to 1 cup of rice which is roughly 30-40g's, so i guess doing halfsies of that and spreading it could we a worthwhile trial. thanks for the heads up :)

for the past 4-8 months, ive been taking my nutritional knowledge and really putting it to the test, since I do repping for a supplement company.

I don't think its cool to have such tools and bend peoples lack of common nutrition knowledge to get a sale, even if it is a good choice and the customer could get the exact same thing from a whole foods diet, which i've really come to be humbled by its powerful yet simple science.

i made improvements by leaps and bounds in the past 4 months and i attribute it wholly to the whole foods switch and i cut out my supplements cold turkey to really see how far i could improve without them. the results made me think twice of how much authority to really speak with to people who want to improve on their basic health and also for athletic endeavours. whole foods first, supplements to fill the cracks. end game.

after using myself as a guinea pig, i narrowed down to a basic multi vitamin, a calcium supplement including mag and vit D, coenzyme q-10, vitamin E, vitamin C, omega fish oil and a hair skin and nail supplement + whey, acai, oats and whatever inspires me to add some variety to my shakes. everything else is whole food.

on my tests everything from more efficient glandular secretion of hormones has improved, better protein synthesis, heart health, pancreatic health, immune health, joint health...

I've made journal entries of what i've been eating and how much as well.

my focus has changed entirely and i'm really happy i can offer that kind of service to my clients because at the end of the day, im a user as well and i'd be pissed if someone promoted for me to spend $100+ when a simple switch to whole foods which gives you more health and puts more money in your wallet..

reading articles like that is really sad because that mass marketing is making people literally piss out their hard earned money on things they literally can get for so much less. #smh

edit: also $10-25 everyday on supplements? jesus, even with "all" i take, it doesnt add up to $10 dollars RETAIL. o_o

Quick Start Test Smith

i've been sticking to 1 cup of rice which is roughly 30-40g's, so i guess doing halfsies of that and spreading it could we a worthwhile trial. thanks for the heads up  :)

I thought a cup of cooked brown rice was about 45 grams of carbs, 5g protein, and 2-3 grams fat. Are you eating white rice?

after using myself as a guinea pig, i narrowed down to a basic multi vitamin, a calcium supplement including mag and vit D, coenzyme q-10, vitamin E, vitamin C, omega fish oil and a hair skin and nail supplement + whey, acai, oats and whatever inspires me to add some variety to my shakes. everything else is whole food.

Same here! Multi-vitamin, calcium-magnesium-vitamin C supplement, fish oil here and there, and whey. Vitamin D here and there as well, because my mom has it. 

edit: also $10-25 everyday on supplements? jesus, even with "all" i take, it doesnt add up to $10 dollars RETAIL. o_o

And that's a low-end prediction by me. I wouldn't be surprised if he took more... he is, after all, a T-Nation coach. ;)

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.