Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Am I Eating Too Much?

Timothy Aiken

Timothy Aiken

Lately I have been eating a colossal amount of food. In the past two days I have eaten an entire watermelon and a half, an entire cantaloupe, a pound and a half of beef, a pound of turkey, three heads of broccoli, 12 oz of bacon (bad choice), 5 apples, two dozen eggs, and half a jar of peanut butter (straight from the jar). Plus a cookie.

I practice tricking and hand balancing every day, and do foundation and hand balancing integrated for 6 days a week. I am a 154 lb, 6' 1" 16 year old male. Is this too much in your opinion? I let the food settle for about 10 minutes and if I am still hungry then I eat more and repeat this until I am full. This all started when I cut dairy from my diet entirely about 2 weeks ago(my skin has thanked me). Could that be it? Usually milk would sate me since it is so filling, but without it I just eat everything. 

If this is too much, what can I do to reduce my intake and especially the cost of all this food. I think my problem may be that I am not eating the right foods, just a bunch of fruit, broccoli, and eggs. 

Any help is appreciated :)

George Vere

I will say, that is quite a lot of food! That 1lb steak washed down with a pint at the pub suddenly doesn't seem like very much

Are you gaining fat? If not, you're probably eating enough enough food. Do you want to reduce the amount of food you eat for the reason of reducing the amount of food you eat?

If you really want to reduce how much food you eat then train less but I don't think that's an option.

You could try eating more vegetables I suppose - microwaved (frozen) veggies are a quick and filling meal for me. Not optimal but it's really quick and easy. That's what I'd recommend, anyway.

Quick Start Test Smith

That is a lot of food, but as to your question, we cannot answer it unless we know your weight, age, and activity level.

It does look kind of sparse on vegetables though.

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) we cannot answer it unless we know your weight, age, and activity level.

............. tapeworm population? :blink:

Quick Start Test Smith

............. tapeworm population? :blink:

........ social security number, bank account number, email address and password, home address....

• Upvote 2

Joshua Slocum

That's a lot of food, but not unreasonable for an extremely active 16-year old. I would increase the delay between feedings to 30 minutes from 10: it takes a while for your stomach to figure out whether or not it's full. 

It also sounds like you're not getting many vegetables. For best results from your training, you should be eating a ton of vegetables!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.