Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Close To Impossible

Christopher Schwab

Christopher Schwab

Hey guys, I was watching some calisthenics videos for workout motivation when I saw a man perform what appears to be the CTI (close to impossible) move.

There's not really that much information on it out there, but what I want to know is would this be considered a "strict good form" CTI?

Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=49uRwMC46nQ#t=528s

It starts @ 8.47

Enjoy!

George Launchbury

Haha - only if you're allowed to stand on the post!? :)

Christian Sørlie

What George said. The guy from around 9 to 11 had some cool moves.

Christopher Schwab

Ah what a shame ;-) 

Still an absolutely beastly feat of strength, though.

Alessandro Mainente

this is not the first post about CTI, search over the forum...there are some our pretty considerations about the real possibility to do the CTI.

for the rest i can say "look with more attention" his feet are pushing over the straight vertical bar eliminating all the problems concerned with grid and body slide under the bar.

don't you think WHY he is performing it over a T bar and not over a single horizontal bar?

CTI is for the dreamers who have poor physics knowledge....

• 1 month later...
Ralph Palutke

i've read a few posts about the CTI here on the board. in result the meaning was that the move isn't possible.

i've now found this video:

What do you think about it? in my opinion it's not perfect but pretty damn close. is it fake??

Christian Sørlie

So much discussion about this video has been going on here already. i think people ended up saying it was a fake. Search CTI and go on the one that has like a million pages.

Sean Whitley

I guess this is more of a strange wrist supported wide arm front lever than the CTI, but its still damn impressive to me

I guess this is more of a strange wrist supported wide arm front lever than the CTI, but its still damn impressive to me

It's supported beyond the wrists like near the middle of the forearms. Then he does a wide grip "impossible" to a straddle maltese.