Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Plan Your Workout Questions (Poll)

Scott Malin

Plan Your Workout Schedule Options  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following methods would you prefer for delivering your weekly workout schedule?

• Automatic 1x/weekly email with the schedule as the content (Current)
    • Automatic 1x/weekly email with the schedule as an attachment (HTML/PDF/etc.)
    • A "View Your Schedule" link in the course where you input your Email to view/print the schedule (Workouts Still Automatically Progress Week-to-Week)
    • Both Options 1 & 3
    • Both Options 2 & 3
  2. 2. Would you use an Advanced Tools Page where we offered the ability to change to a week outside of a microcyle start (same deloading week required)?

• Yes (I need this)
    • No (I am fine following normal course programming)
    • No (I don't think it's necessary; or complicates training)

Scott Malin

Please answer the above if you use the scheduler or are thinking to use it.

Scott Malin

So far, the majority is in favor of the "View Your Schedule" page and adding a tool to adjust weeks. I should have both ready this week. :) 

FREDERIC DUPONT

If we are going to go the attached file route, please make it a pure text file (importable by any app without cleanup) with a sortable filename repeated as the first entry in the txt (like the WOD title used to be)

The dry taxonomy of the exercises does not need adornments, etc... anyway. :)

• Upvote 1

Scott Malin

If we are going to go the attached file route, please make it a pure text file (importable by any app without cleanup) with a sortable filename repeated as the first entry in the txt (like the WOD title used to be)

The dry taxonomy of the exercises does not need adornments, etc... anyway. :)

Easily doable

Keilani Gutierrez

in the case of elements being held back due to lack ofstrength but primarily for purposes of lacking iM mastery, it'd be nice to be able to choose when to move onto the next PE rather than the scheduler continuing on its course. kind of like when you get to week 11-12 if there's a part where it asks if you "passed" so that you can move onto the next PE. unless it's already included and i haven't heard of it xD

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

in the case of elements being held back due to lack ofstrength but primarily for purposes of lacking iM mastery, it'd be nice to be able to choose when to move onto the next PE rather than the scheduler continuing on its course. kind of like when you get to week 11-12 if there's a part where it asks if you "passed" so that you can move onto the next PE. unless it's already included and i haven't heard of it xD

Great suggestion; the same would apply at the completion of each microcycle. :)

Rikke Olsen

Definitely the ability to re-do a week. I've done that a few times already, but not on all exercises, which defeats the purpose of the scheduler :P

Scott Malin

Definitely the ability to re-do a week. I've done that a few times already, but not on all exercises, which defeats the purpose of the scheduler :P

Which scenario are you describing for the individual element?

1) Week X,  Week Y, Week Y,  (Deload Week),  Week Z, New Progression/Microcycle

2) Week X, Week Y, Week Y ,Week Z ,(Deload Week)

3) Week X, Week Y, Week Y, Week Z, New Progression/Microcycle

4) Week X, Week Y, Week Y, (Deload Week), New Progression/Microcycle

Scott Malin

This shouldn't happen enough to warrant a tool for that. If it does, you are missing some other factor in your training or on the wrong number of training days per week. Part of the purpose of the automation is to keep a degree of fire lit under the behind to keep you from wallowing too long on a particular area. I'll provide basic tools for the occasional setback, but if the scheduler starts to "run away" from your current level, it's time to reexamine some items and ask for help in the appropriate forum.

• Upvote 1

Rikke Olsen

I believe it would 1).

I always follow the de-load schedule every fourth week, and I don't skip progressions/weeks, but do them later.

Keilani Gutierrez

This shouldn't happen enough to warrant a tool for that. If it does, you are missing some other factor in your training or on the wrong number of training days per week. Part of the purpose of the automation is to keep a degree of fire lit under the behind to keep you from wallowing too long on a particular area. I'll provide basic tools for the occasional setback, but if the scheduler starts to "run away" from your current level, it's time to reexamine some items and ask for help in the appropriate forum.

you ar oh, so right. better nutrition for me. ^_^ #workingonthat