Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another "Is this move possible"

Get into a parallel bar/dip station support hold. Pretend as though you are in an inverted hang now. While imagining yourself in the inverted hang, take a false grip on the bars. This would technically require you to pull, and seems to put most, if not all, strain on your wrists. Thoughts on this and can any of you do it? If you need a picture, I will be more than glad to post one.

Michael Traynor

Really not sure what you are asking?

Are you asking if it's possible to have a false grip in an inverted hang?

Sorry, kind of hard to explain. Underhanded false grip in a parallel bar support. So imagine you're in an inverted hang with a false grip, now just do half a flip with the same positioning, and you're there.

Sorry, kind of hard to explain. Underhanded false grip in a parallel bar support. So imagine you're in an inverted hang with a false grip, now just do half a flip with the same positioning, and you're there.

Spongebob_Imagination_Wallpaper_yvt2.jpg

Joshua Naterman

That looks like a recipe for injury, as well as a poor understanding of what a false grip is. A real false grip, regardless of exercise, uses the wrist bones as a contact point for the resistance.

In that picture, you specifically remove the wrist bones from the equation, and put your entire body weight, plus added leverage, squarely on a few very small tendons.

Very light people, like children, might be able to work up to something like that, but it would almost certainly be bad for them in the long run, and I think the same goes for adults.

That looks like a recipe for injury, as well as a poor understanding of what a false grip is. A real false grip, regardless of exercise, uses the wrist bones as a contact point for the resistance.

In that picture, you specifically remove the wrist bones from the equation, and put your entire body weight, plus added leverage, squarely on a few very small tendons.

Very light people, like children, might be able to work up to something like that, but it would almost certainly be bad for them in the long run, and I think the same goes for adults.

Sorry, I understand what a false grip is, just didn't know how to describe it in this sense. And yes, it seems like it would be insanely difficult/dangeous for the reasons you described. Just wanted to know people's opinions! Thanks