Ring support (hollow or chest out and shoulders retracted)

Started by Hank, May 9, 2013 · 0 Replies · 2,660 Views

Hank

I've been working on strength training for about 9 months now. I have started doing some basic ring work and can hold the support hold for 40+ seconds and the RTO support for about 30 seconds.

When doing both of the above I can do it either with a hollow body, or with my chest stuck out and my shoulder blades depressed and retracted.

However when I move on to l sit on rings, I go very hollow and the rings move forward may be an inch or two from my hips.

My question is when supporting on the rings should you be hollow or retracting and depressing?

And the same question again for the l sit?

Finally while I am at it, when dipping from support should the body be hollow or chest out?