This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sweden

Started by Joakim Anderson, May 6, 2013 · 54 Replies · 5,612 Views

David Asplund
On 5/4/2019 at 11:08 AM, Erik Rissanen said:

You can find them on Amazon. Use the UK or German Amazon, so it's within the EU for shipping without taxes or fees.

Hi Erik, thanks for our reply!


I have tried to search both the sites, but only fond a pair in the UK site, they didn’t ship it to Sweden either :(

Much appreciation if anyone cold post a link to what, where to buy, much thanks in advance!
 

Erik Rissanen
On 5/10/2019 at 8:39 AM, David Asplund said:

Hi Erik, thanks for your reply!


I have tried to search both the sites, but only found a pair in the UK site, they didn’t ship it to Sweden either

Much appreciation if anyone could post a link to what, where to buy, much thanks in advance!

Try searching for "rubber exercise tubing":

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=rubber+exercise+tubing&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

There are lots of options and some of them appear to be shipping to Sweden.

A tip: you need quite long tubes for some of the exercises, so a normal 3m one won't do it.

Also, I find that the handles I got (nylon webbing with a punched hole) do not work reliably. The tubing slips loose.

David Asplund
4 hours ago, Erik Rissanen said:

Try searching for "rubber exercise tubing":

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=rubber+exercise+tubing&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

There are lots of options and some of them appear to be shipping to Sweden.

A tip: you need quite long tubes for some of the exercises, so a normal 3m one won't do it.

Also, I find that the handles I got (nylon webbing with a punched hole) do not work reliably. The tubing slips loose.

Thanks a lot Erik, you are really helpful :)

By following your link I think I know what I should go for, also found a site in Sweden that sells the bands and handles: https://www.medema.se/produkter/8069409/thera-band-tubing-7-5-meter

Now the question, what grade of resistance, should I go for?

My weight is 61 kg and Il think Il go for the red one, good or bad? In the bridge video the use green ones, but it might be another brand..

Also my height is 174 cm, (with monkey index plus 11) how long should I cut the bands?   

 

Thanks to all who might answer my questions!

Erik Rissanen
15 hours ago, David Asplund said:

Thanks a lot Erik, you are really helpful :)

By following your link I think I know what I should go for, also found a site in Sweden that sells the bands and handles: https://www.medema.se/produkter/8069409/thera-band-tubing-7-5-meter

Now the question, what grade of resistance, should I go for?

My weight is 61 kg and Il think Il go for the red one, good or bad? In the bridge video the use green ones, but it might be another brand..

Also my height is 174 cm, (with monkey index plus 11) how long should I cut the bands?   

 

Thanks to all who might answer my questions!

You should ask for advice in the specific course forum and people there will know best. That said, I prefer the blue ones, but I am not sure the blue of every brand is the same. I got a few different colors and tried them to find which I liked the best.

I suggest that you don't cut the bands at first. Try them a few times by just wrapping around your hands until you find the right length for you.

I would also think that them being a bit too long and making extra wraps around the hands does not hurt, so you can get some flexibility in other types of exercises in the future which might need a bit longer bands.

I just looked, and looks like I have cut mine at about 2.5m, which was shorter than I remembered. I must have been thinking of the one I got first from the mall, which was way too short. It probably was just 1.5m or so.

David Asplund
On 5/31/2019 at 1:08 PM, Erik Rissanen said:

You should ask for advice in the specific course forum and people there will know best. That said, I prefer the blue ones, but I am not sure the blue of every brand is the same. I got a few different colors and tried them to find which I liked the best.

I suggest that you don't cut the bands at first. Try them a few times by just wrapping around your hands until you find the right length for you.

I would also think that them being a bit too long and making extra wraps around the hands does not hurt, so you can get some flexibility in other types of exercises in the future which might need a bit longer bands.

I just looked, and looks like I have cut mine at about 2.5m, which was shorter than I remembered. I must have been thinking of the one I got first from the mall, which was way too short. It probably was just 1.5m or so.

Thanks Erik!