Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Canberra Australia GB Two Day Seminar Oct 5-6

Cole Dano

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I found a good place on mr jones suggestion, that is cheap and nice and close to the gym.

I stayed at the Country Comfort last time the seminar was at Southern Canberra Gymnastics but its just too expensive this time with flights on top of that. It is a very nice place though.

tim53, feel free to post the hotel you are staying at, good for folks to have a budget option out there.

It's not a hotel but a house that the owner rents out a spare room for short periods of time.

Found on airbnb.com.au

There are a few more from the local area on there but the price range can jump round quite a bit

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Chris Aldersley

Thinking of staying an extra day or two to check out the mountain biking around Canberra. I've heard Stromlo is pretty good. Anyone done any MTB there?

Hayden Whealing

So I had to cancel my previous accommodation and just booked a room for the 4th and 5th at the Country Comfort. The room can fit two people in it for no extra cost and it includes breakfast. PM me if you are interested in sharing it.

From memory there is a supermarket around the corner from the gym and across the road is a strip of shops with mostly take away foods, stuff like noodles and a Turkish place.

• Upvote 1

Mark: the last 3 weren't catered. There is a block of takeaway shops across the road and a woolies about 5 mins walk away

Well, this one was sort of up in the air for me, but my housemate here in Canada has decided it would be best to traumatically dislocate her arm, so I'm staying another few weeks to help her rehab.

No Oz seminar for me this time around. Have fun guys, I look forward to meeting you all in the not too distant future.

Any plans for seminars in any other Australian capital city? :)

If a facility requests it we will go.

• Upvote 1

Hayden Whealing

Does anyone know if there's a bus you can catch a bus from the airport to the somewhere near the country comfort?

Craig Mallett

Mr Jones:  Not really.  There is a bus you can catch to the city, although its pretty slow and only departs every hour or something stupid.  From the city you would need to catch one of the 300 buses towards tuggeranong and ask the driver to tell you when you arrive at the tuggeranong interchange. Be careful to get on the right platform because the buses go in both directions.

A taxi to greenway should cost somewhere between 40 and 60.  I haven't caught a cab that far in a while though.

What time do you arrive? I am probably picking my friend nate up at somewhere between 7:45pm and 8pm on friday night, and I have an 8 seater so could potentially take a few others.

• Upvote 1