This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another Nemesis: Planche Leans (form check)

Started by Adriano Augusto, April 30, 2013 · 59 Replies · 5,570 Views

wamarler

Great Job Adriano. I'm just looking back through your videos ... first one you posted was in April. It's now October, almost November! Nice patience; it's inspirational. I'm catching up to these videos in planche work, and seeing the same flaws in my form that were highlighted here, and it's taking me as long (or longer) to reset and correct them. Nice work, thanks for posting!

Adriano Augusto

Just a reminder from today's training. I finished my planche leans sets and decided to explore the things that I finally understand and feel. And I made a video, just for visually reminder.

 

 

Not too depressed... Not too rounded... Just in the middle, with a strong protraction and depression, keeping the body tension in the whole body.

 

I hope it helps somebody to understand ;)

Keilani Gutierrez
Adriano Flo said:

Just a reminder from today's training. I finished my planche leans sets and decided to explore the things that I finally understand and feel. And I made a video, just for visually reminder.

http://youtu.be/E0B2CM_I_f4

Not too depressed... Not too rounded... Just in the middle, with a strong protraction and depression, keeping the body tension in the whole body.

I hope it helps somebody to understand ;)

Adriano, como hicistes para desarollar el lean? empezastes con la programacion de semana 1-4 y despues fuistes subiendo el tiempo hasta que llegastes a los 5x30?
Adriano Augusto

I'm advocate of quality over quantity, so I was most months at weeks 1-4 looking for form, recording myself a lot and trying to feel the things. When I thought that my form was improving and so my strengh (specially wrists along with HS1 conditioning), I progress to week 5-8 searching more load to see if my form could handle it; and it did, but with a slow progress. 

 

I was a lot of time on weeks 5-8 where I realise of the special cues. Were the "magic" weeks, where I started to feel everything. Just then I progress to week 9 and now I'm doing again last minicycle.

 

I think the most important thing is patience, and WANT TO progress and not just passing through the training. I spent a lot of time after F1's training doing planche leans and recording myself just to see myself as a Coach and see the faults on my form and trying again and again. 

 

I think it is the teraphy with nemesis: a lot of dedication and compromise, nothing else. 

Adriano Augusto

Well, I said that I would repeat the entire microcycle to better gains at endurance/strenght range, and... it has happened. 

 

Almost a month ago (how fast the time goes, mygod) I was screaming at the end of every set. I was near mastery, and I did it, but I didn't see myself prepare to progress yet. Now is different. 

 

If a month ago I was screaming, now I'm singing. Oh yeah, singing.

 

http://youtu.be/RgdbYv6vfZ0

 

I don't lose protraction at the end of 3/4 set and definitely I am more comfortable with 4x30. Next week, mastery and I hope it will be the last one.

 

Thanks for the support guys,.

Jon Douglas
Adriano Flo said:

Well, I said that I would repeat the entire microcycle to better gains at endurance/strenght range, and... it has happened. 

 

Almost a month ago (how fast the time goes, mygod) I was screaming at the end of every set. I was near mastery, and I did it, but I didn't see myself prepare to progress yet. Now is different. 

 

If a month ago I was screaming, now I'm singing. Oh yeah, singing.

 

http://youtu.be/RgdbYv6vfZ0

 

I don't lose protraction at the end of 3/4 set and definitely I am more comfortable with 4x30. Next week, mastery and I hope it will be the last one.

 

Thanks for the support guys,.

Big congrats brother :D you will be flying. Keep us updated on how you find the next couple, I bet they are very easy for you!

Coach Sommer
Adriano Flo said:

Just a reminder from today's training. I finished my planche leans sets and decided to explore the things that I finally understand and feel. And I made a video, just for visually reminder.

http://youtu.be/E0B2CM_I_f4

Not too depressed... Not too rounded... Just in the middle, with a strong protraction and depression, keeping the body tension in the whole body.

I hope it helps somebody to understand ;)

Nicely done. I'm very impressed with your commitment to high quality, patient progress.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sven Ravnstag
Zach Armijo said:

The best thing you can do is to constantly video yourself or where you can see yourself in a mirror so you can make on the fly corrections, then remember the feeling.

Yes!  This is one area of my training where I'm particular inclined to get lazy.  It's amazing how easy it is to fix major issues in form when you've got visual feedback to make you aware of them.

Shjanzey

Well deserved praise.  You are an inspiration to me.  Keep up the hard work.

3D Guy

paciencia, trabajo duro y buena mente..

 

 

Muy buen trabajo por ahi Adriano, en verdad te felicito por tu esfuerzo, eres un gran ejemplo  para todos en este foro

 

 

Un gran abrazo

Adriano Augusto

Well, I did my mastery week, but I need another microcycle. I spent a lot of months with PLeans looking for the best possible form, one more month is nothing.

 

http://youtu.be/ewheqR6pMzU

 

This is my attempt of 5x30 planche leans. A little shaking last few sets, but I feel STACKED when I lean and that's an awesome feeling, because I feel like Joshua has said in other thread: the neural pattern start to be there, the "no thinking" position, the "lean" with all connected. 

 

I'm not going to keep me a "time" to mastery planche leans, because is nonsense. Planche leans are gold: it builds more than strenght. It builds a shape, the most important shape, that hollow, that tightness, that feeling of "connect" things in your body and feel it like is one solid unit. 

 

I'm pretty happy with all of this. And now, after many many months of working, I learned why these so called BASIC positions are in F1; I learned why Foundation is called FOUNDATION. Because it FOUND something.

 

We'll see in a month ;)

Jon Douglas
Adriano Flo said:

Well, I did my mastery week, but I need another microcycle. I spent a lot of months with PLeans looking for the best possible form, one more month is nothing.

 

http://youtu.be/ewheqR6pMzU

 

This is my attempt of 5x30 planche leans. A little shaking last few sets, but I feel STACKED when I lean and that's an awesome feeling, because I feel like Joshua has said in other thread: the neural pattern start to be there, the "no thinking" position, the "lean" with all connected. 

 

I'm not going to keep me a "time" to mastery planche leans, because is nonsense. Planche leans are gold: it builds more than strenght. It builds a shape, the most important shape, that hollow, that tightness, that feeling of "connect" things in your body and feel it like is one solid unit. 

 

I'm pretty happy with all of this. And now, after many many months of working, I learned why these so called BASIC positions are in F1; I learned why Foundation is called FOUNDATION. Because it FOUND something.

 

We'll see in a month ;)

Great post. Sounds like you've mastered more than pl leans.

Adriano Augusto

Just for the sake of motivation.

 

2rxxox3.jpg

Adriano Augusto

Well, by mistake I've changed my name to original name that I registered in GBodies. But I'm the same, Adriano.

 

Planche Leans, 4x30. I've following the advice given by the community: build, consolidate, repeat.

 

So I've running continuous microcicles of weeks 9-12 since some months with success, both form and endurance. Now I am repeating them because I want to eliminate the shakiness, it's the last thing to pass to Elevated PL. Because of that, now on week 9, instead of 4x24, I'm doing 4x30 to get more stimulus. I'll be with 4x30 two weeks and on the third I shot to mastery. 

 

 

Hopefully, in 2/3 weeks I'll pass mastery definitely. I hope so.

 

Thanks to all and keep forward!

Niklas03

Don't worry, same avatar and face in the videos tells us it's you.

 

Your form with this amount of lean is really nice with good body positioning. However, in order to pass mastery I think you should increase the amount of lean. Notice how much Allan's feet are sliding forward when he leans into the correct position from a push up hold.

Adriano Augusto

Niklas, you're totally right. This pic is a comparision between two leans: one is which I feel comfortable and is manageable to do mastery; second one is my max lean maintaining form and I can hold it for about 15/20 seconds, but I feel a lot of tension on my wrists (I did it without any warm up, just after I read your post)

 

The difference is quite notable.

 

2rz9eh3.jpg

 

With this I can realise that I have to shoot for mastery with the second one, because it's the most similar to a real planche in terms of lean.

 

Well, again, let's go, checking the ego at the door and go back to week 5 to see if I can maintain the form thought the sets.

 

Now I understand the whole thing even more. Now, after many many months, I have and I know the form, the shape; also I've the strenght to lean a and maintain the form, go from a pushups stace to lean stance, it's the first step. Now I've to lean more maintaining everything :D And I think... if this lean put a lot of pressure on my wrist, how much will put a real straddle planche? 

 

Thanks community, without this forum the progress is not the same that by oneself.

 

Cheers!

 

P.S: Funny, first lean now seems to me like a child and the second one as the adult :D

jaz

Adriano, note the really nice scapulae depression on the 2nd picture

Alessandro Mainente

a very good example of persistence and quality work. good job my friend.

~Atticus

Don't know if this is just me, but I noticed a vast difference in the abdominal area of top picture, vs. bottom picture.

 

Amazing transformation.

B1214N
Adriano Augusto said:

Niklas, you're totally right. This pic is a comparision between two leans: one is which I feel comfortable and is manageable to do mastery; second one is my max lean maintaining form and I can hold it for about 15/20 seconds, but I feel a lot of tension on my wrists (I did it without any warm up, just after I read your post)

 

The difference is quite notable.

 

2rz9eh3.jpg

 

With this I can realise that I have to shoot for mastery with the second one, because it's the most similar to a real planche in terms of lean.

 

 

 

 

No offense, but that is not the most similar to a full planche in terms of lean. Full planche is at least one hand length further behind where your hands are currently and that is a HUGE difference in intensity. 

 

Mastery for the planche lean in F1 is similar to your second photo and you are correct that you should shoot for mastery in that one. You've made a lot of improvements since the first time you've posted this so keep up with the good work man.

Ravn
B1214N said:

No offense, but that is not the most similar to a full planche in terms of lean. Full planche is at least one hand length further behind where your hands are currently and that is a HUGE difference in intensity. 

 

Mastery for the planche lean in F1 is similar to your second photo and you are correct that you should shoot for mastery in that one. You've made a lot of improvements since the first time you've posted this so keep up with the good work man.

I think Adriano means that the second image is closer to full planche than the first. Hard to argue about that, really.

Joakim Anderson
Ravn said:

I think Adriano means that the second image is closer to full planche than the first. Hard to argue about that, really.

 

That's how I read it too.

Adriano Augusto

Really thanks for the comments :D I appreciate it a lot.

 

Yes B1214N, I mean that second image is more "close" (not identical) to what a actual LEAN means in a planche. In a real planche you've to lean more, and I know that, but if I compare the two images, the second one have the most lean and it will give me more stimulus in terms of planche training than the first one with less lean.

 

 
~Atticus said:

Don't know if this is just me, but I noticed a vast difference in the abdominal area of top picture, vs. bottom picture.

 

Amazing transformation.

 
That's because of the image filter :D 

 

This morning I saw all my videos in this thread and is amazing how the body and mind adapts to stimulus and go changing with time. Hard to believe that I've with planche leans 10 months. How complex and beautiful GST is. 

 

Thanks a lot again! I hope to get news soon!

Adriano Augusto

Hi family,

 

Well, since february I've had a issue with my wrist for doing crazy things like trying my max lean on a planche lean without any warm up. My fault. I learned the lesson.

 

The thing is that since february I came back to earlier PE's in some exercises. For example, I came back to sPL/PE4 to polish them, and same thing with HBP/PE2. 

 

And I've learned some things. The PE's are similar to Yoga's Asana: don't have an end, you can always get things from them.

 

So for example, I discover this.

 

a185w.png

 

and the refinement of something that I believed it was mastered

 

5kmsl0.png

 

And to do the mastery with that form is completely different to the first pic. A PE's that I believed it was mastered long time ago.

 

So my injury has been useful to discover things from earlier PE's, and of course, improve them while I recover.

 

After do the mastery 5x30, this week I started again with planche leans, week 5 4x12, trying to increase the lean that it was my mission before I get injured. 

 

 

Compared to other videos and pics, that lean is good to advance and maybe a little more, but definitely now I'm doing real planche leans.

 

Well, just for update :D I'm fully recover and back to training serious.

 

Thanks to all!

fairybekk

This has been really inspiring, to see your persistence and dedication to detail. Thank you for sharing.